Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am neither experienced nor knowledgable so I apologize if my question is incomprehensible or in the wrong forum. Let me know and I will move/remove it.

My handyman father is rennovating a ski cabin. The roof is supported by large beams (seem to be 8" x 12") made of clear pine. Unfortunately, these beam have a rough surface that has been painted black.

He is abandoning trying to plane the beams down to the clear pine because it's just too much work...even with the handheld electric planer he used to plane one room (which is beautiful, BTW).

My question:

Is there a planer that will make quick work of these beams that can be held overhead?

Or, is there another process that will produce the same results?

Thanks!

James

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,310 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.