Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying off the shelf, most places normally stock only MED widths. For all you wide-footed folk, if you're buying MED off the shelf, what seem to still fit ok? (If you're 12W, all the better.)

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
I gave up. I go 1/2 size larger, and hope it makes it 3 months. With the ridiculous work conditions I see (debris removal, landscaping, minor remodeling) its a surprise they last that long.

Biggest wear areas: side of toes, and under toes (sole separation)

Tried all the major name brands they all suck.

ForumRunner_20130122_192418.jpg

ForumRunner_20130122_192446.jpg

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I went to a Red Wing a couple weeks ago on a Sat. morning. One clerk and one guy ahead of me taking his old sweet time, along with a couple phone calls in between....15 minutes later I had enough and practically ran out of there. Guess I missed out, but I'm not you average patient shopper. Absolutely hate it.

I'd just as well walk in somewhere and either have some rows that say W, or know what runs wide.

·
Windwash
589 Posts
Thanks.

I went to a Red Wing a couple weeks ago on a Sat. morning. One clerk and one guy ahead of me taking his old sweet time, along with a couple phone calls in between....15 minutes later I had enough and practically ran out of there. Guess I missed out, but I'm not you average patient shopper. Absolutely hate it.

I'd just as well walk in somewhere and either have some rows that say W, or know what runs wide.
If you have Gander Mountain in your area, they carry several types of Red Wings including Irish Setters in EE width but the Red Wing stores can get you anything you need.

I only wear work boots in the winter now that I don't do commercial work anymore and for the the last 6-7 years wear Keens all spring, summer and fall. Very wide with high arches :clap: and fairly durable.

·
Trim Carpenter/Remodeler
31 Posts
Shoe Carnival sells Wolverine & Timberlands. I've had both...I wear 10 EEE. They cost around $120-$140. & last me about three years. I keep them clean & rub them down with mink oil occasionally.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Windwash said:
If you have Gander Mountain in your area, they carry several types of Red Wings including Irish Setters in EE width but the Red Wing stores can get you anything you need.

I only wear work boots in the winter now that I don't do commercial work anymore and for the the last 6-7 years wear Keens all spring, summer and fall. Very wide with high arches :clap: and fairly durable.
I just started wearing Keens also. They are wider than normal and they run a little small. I usually wear around a 11 or 11 1/2 and my Keens are 13.
Went from redwing to keen. Most comfortable shoe I've found.

·
Registered
17,192 Posts
I just started wearing Keens also. They are wider than normal and they run a little small. I usually wear around a 11 or 11 1/2 and my Keens are 13.
Went from redwing to keen. Most comfortable shoe I've found.
Yes they are wider than normal:thumbsup: and very comfy. I was recommended this brand by a shop that specializes in shoes for bad feet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
when I have to wear boots I wear wolverines, but I like to be more nimble and usually wear tennis shoes. New Balance has a 4e that fits.

·
Registered
17,192 Posts
when I have to wear boots I wear wolverines, but I like to be more nimble and usually wear tennis shoes. New Balance has a 4e that fits.
The New Balance 4e is too narrow for my feet:sad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts