Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a wide crown (1") stapler to re-staple the ceiling bands in my chicken barns. This is a plastic ceiling with bands every 8" trusses are 4' centers so about 8,000 staples per barn.

I've used Bostitch and Paslode but since they don't use them for shingles any more there aren't any available locally so I'll have to order something.

I'm looking for something lightweight since it's all overhead stapling, my shoulder is already sore thinking about it.

ForumRunner_20131025_113530.jpg

ForumRunner_20131025_113600.jpg

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I have really not used any brand other than Bostitch. But I have never used a crown stapler for roofing either.

I have a Bostitch and my company has two Bostitch. We beat the hell out of them and use them mainly for stucco wire application.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your a chicken farm guy . Does it play off well .
Well...I have three barns with 30,000 broilers in each. It pays enough to make the payments on the barns and pay the electric and gas bills, with some left over.
I still have to work out on the side to feed the family, maybe when the barns are paid off I can stay on the farm...

These barns are getting old though (I bought them used) so there's a lot of maintenance, always places to spend more money! :-(

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I've always used a Senco PW for up to 1 1/4" staples. The staples are readily available here and the guys at the nail she'd keep the gun running. I think a hitachi would be good too. I think they have them at Menards. Light duty for mine, just foam and tyvek.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a lot of work . How much out of a day you spend doing farm work .
Depends on where it is in the flock but generally not more than a couple of hours a day. The first week there's a little extra work, but the feeding and water is all automatic so it's not bad.

The company I grow for supplies the chicks and the feed, and picks them up when they're grown, I just supply the barns and utilities and manage the ventilation, and make sure everything is working right.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always used a Senco PW for up to 1 1/4" staples. The staples are readily available here and the guys at the nail she'd keep the gun running. I think a hitachi would be good too. I think they have them at Menards. Light duty for mine, just foam and tyvek.
I've thought about the Hitachi as that's what most of my nailers are ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts