Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that when we switched to our new phone company we had down time for 3 days until I took charge and it was up the next day? Why is it that our DSL service had a problem for 3 months preventing it from being used, and 2 days after I took charge of the situation it has been fixed?

I pretty much run the office where I work and hire the office help but it seems like in the long run I end up doing half the work I hired them to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pretty much run the office where I work and hire the office help but it seems like in the long run I end up doing half the work I hired them to do.[/QUOTE]

Grump,

Because they don't care. As long as you clean up their messes and they still get paid the same amount, it'll continue. "Dock em!" It's like an adult day care somtimes, huh?

Ratrub

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I agree with rat. the answer is "because you let em do it."
Hate to say it cause your such a nice guy, but the cap'm must go down with his ship :)
Take charge big guy.....
fire em, and pay yourself triple.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously I am an employee, but I have always been the kind to fix a problem. I've never been the kind to say "this is my job, I do no more, no less". I always believed to get a raise or promotion you need to do more. When ever the boss said to me "why do you deserve a raise?" I could always tell him "My job duties are to do this this and this, however I also do this that and the other without being asked."

I expect that from my employees.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I agree 100% with you Grumpy.. the flaw in our beliefs is that typically the other employees don't agree. Pretty soon they are talking behind your back..etc..blah blah. The good part for me is that I could care less what anyone else thinks of me.. and I'm typically the one that tells them what they are screwing up. I'll never be a politician.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts