Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Did makita not used to make an adapter for this? I'm certain they did
Sounds plausible.

Either way, I wouldn't pop for one.

When I feel the overwhelming need to pull a cord round, a Milwaukee pulling 8 amps @ 120 volts just seems to have the advantage - for about the same money.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,211 Posts

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
There's many advantages to a "corded" cordless tool, for starters you can have just 1 of the item, when you try to fit a quick repair in at the end of the day and all your batteries die it's nice to finish up, the Dewalt 20v miter saw would be ideal with an adapter, cordless for the few quick cuts, corded for the whole house trim package. I'd drop $99 on it pretty quick.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,211 Posts
There's many advantages to a "corded" cordless tool, for starters you can have just 1 of the item, when you try to fit a quick repair in at the end of the day and all your batteries die it's nice to finish up, the Dewalt 20v miter saw would be ideal with an adapter, cordless for the few quick cuts, corded for the whole house trim package. I'd drop $99 on it pretty quick.
Then you just have a real corded version in the truck for those rare occasions. If you run out of batteries at the end of the day you need more....see TBA thread..:laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That's a heavy draw for a power supply, it would have to be pretty beefy and inconvenient to lug around.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So interestingly enough i seen the new milwaukee jobsite fan runs on a m18 but they give u an addapter so u can plug it in on a cord so im thinking u could maybe use the adapter on other tools but i have always wanted to see an inverter that runs on even multiple battery packs im sure one battery is not to usful but i seen that milwaukee has a new 9 ah batterry coming out so two or even 3 of those to give u 120 would b something i would b interested in

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes and iwould assume that would be regulated by electronics in the fan or tool the adapter im thinking will bring the power to match the m18 output

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
So interestingly enough i seen the new milwaukee jobsite fan runs on a m18 but they give u an addapter so u can plug it in on a cord so im thinking u could maybe use the adapter on other tools but i have always wanted to see an inverter that runs on even multiple battery packs im sure one battery is not to usful but i seen that milwaukee has a new 9 ah batterry coming out so two or even 3 of those to give u 120 would b something i would b interested in

Punctuation is your friend!

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Then you just have a real corded version in the truck for those rare occasions. If you run out of batteries at the end of the day you need more....see TBA thread..
Now you're back to owning/transporting 2 of the same tool... exactly what I want to avoid.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts