Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16' to a T, then 16' right and 16' left.

Padded door jambs, crown moulding, new door casing, paneled wall wainscoting. All trim will be painted, doors may end up being replaced now as well.

If I could just find my painter.

Attachments

·
I like Green things
23,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lighting in this hall way sucks. After it is painted and they decide where they want their art work and pictures, I will have my electrician come in install some recessed eye ball lights and 3 new hall fixtures.

Attachments

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
beautiful work warner only thing is the carpet is severely hurting the overall finish

·
I like Green things
23,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bet it was fun to spin a length of trim if you walked down the hall with it the wrong way ;-)

came out really nice. i really am dieing to do one of those type of jobs.
All the long pieces went straight into the one bedroom and then I could make the turn. The 16' long sections I made were a pia to get in and out twice each.

beautiful work warner only thing is the carpet is severely hurting the overall finish
They know it is not the most up to date but, they put it in 7 years ago when they bought the place and it is still in great shape.

They are thinking about wood but, I would have to rip out the particle board that is over the 3/4" ply and put 1/2" ply down then screw with all the trim. I told him the labor for it will be very expensive.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ok Darcy I'll bite what are padded door jambs? Never heard that term before.
Otherwise the work looks good!:thumbsup:

Nothing better than doing a whole lot of trim.
Great job.
Chad

·
Registered
523 Posts
Makes sence I've always heard of this and refered to this as firing out.
Thanks Darcy
Did you make all of your panel moldings on the bench then carry them down to install as a frame?
Thanks Chad

·
Registered
523 Posts
I thought you would do that, with your comment about carrying them in and out twice. Nice work again, in the old days we would carry the pieces in and mark and cut piece by piece.

Now I build as much as I can as close to the saw as I can.:thumbsup:
Chad

1 - 20 of 47 Posts