Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 Year Old Trane Xe90 And Xb1000. Was Told By One Company Coils Need Replaced = $1000.00 (live In Ohio) Pressure At210psis/85 Only Bottom Of Coils Sweating. Second Estimate Stated Needed To Replace Compressor $600. Wanted The Pro's Thoughts And Ideas On What To Believe And Is There A Way To Get Trane To Warrant The Stuff? Warranty On The Unit Xe90 (coils) Is Only One Year. Compressor Xb1000 Is Covered That Cost Is Just Labor.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hmmmmm only part of the coil is sweating and those kinds of pressures sounds like a restriction in the coil not a compressor issue. It could be plugged at the metering device (either fixed orfice or TXV) and if that is the case, they will generally frost up just past the metering device. IF some debris have passed through and is lodged in the coil, gonna play h*** trying to get it out and insure it won't happen again. In that instance ruling out metering device then I would have to agree with changing the coil. You might try another Trane/American Standard dealer for another opinion/quote.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks for your help. will get one more look at from trane certified company.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would agree on getting another tech out to see whats going on.Hard to diagnose without outside temps etc.etc.I'd rule out metering device.Your suction pressure would surely be in a vacuum if this was the case...Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts