Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
We hand nail almost exclusively.

Most of what we do is Slate or Ceramic tile roof work,

so I assure you they do NOT make a nail gun for that.
decking repairs are hand driven 8d sinkers or hot dipped Galv. commons.

If we know we will be re-decking 5-6 sq. then I bring a compressor and a spiker------------- but that's like once a year maybe.

If we do a job that requires replacing a lot of crown/bed molding we will bring a trim nailer

I would guestimate that my compressor left the shop maybe 6 days this year- I don't even carry the guns or the stick nails on the trucks,they are used that seldom.

It's very nice not to listen to that compressor running all day, or hear that wap,wap,wap from air guns.
Stephen

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
thought about this thread today.

We have spent the past few days down in Stark County, Ohio out in the middle of no-where working on a slate roof.

We used electric for a total of 4-5 minutes grinding a chimney for new counter flashing-everything else was by hand.

Amish farm 2 doors away. I am sure we saw at least 15-20 buggies every day.

It was quite a change in scenery from Gates Mills and Shaker Heights and Merriman Rd. where we usually work------ but we rarely use electric those places either, LOL.
stephen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.