Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Too many things to even mention. I'd separate yourself from any electrical work on that dump unless they are willing to start over. I'm sure the plumbing isn't much better.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
rselectric1 said:
Too many things to even mention. I'd separate yourself from any electrical work on that dump unless they are willing to start over. I'm sure the plumbing isn't much better.
Or the structure or the HVAC or any number of health and safety and then there's the cosmetics...it never stops at one item/trade

·
hack of all trades
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's in the 2nd floor of an old brick building with plaster. Not the easiest place to fish conduit, but I'll be pulling all new from the panel. Only saving some outlet runs that are installed properly or can be repaired. The feeds to each circuit are cloth covered wire in that tar/asphalt cable sheathing. Place is a mess.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sheesh look at the holes you put in those nice plaster walls!

I swear, between electricians and plumbers, your guys just like to rip stuff apart
heh, ever watch HGTV? They rip crap apart! Sometimes with retrofits you gotta break an egg to make an omelet! Look at the place, it's either gonna burn down or have some repairable holes to make the place safe again...your choice I suppose! (disclaimer: you're exactly right, some people do go WAY overboard! :mad: )

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Obviously the work of a hack.

All handymen aren't hacks. Some electricians are.
Yes, unfortunately there are hacks in every trade! :blink:

I've seen a lot of guys calling themselves handymen, when they are far from handy. :laughing:

Pick up a Ryobi combo set and a truck, and they're off... :laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts