Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting around to buying into a tile leveling system but am unsure of which to purchase. I like the looks of the Raimondi System but still am not positive which one.

Recommendations please?

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
There's literally a handful of threads on that very subject already, one currently active. Tuscan is very nice but very expensive. RTC I have not used. Angus likes the Raimondi setup quite a bit and I trust his judgment. Lash is garbage and not worth the aggravation. I think that sums it up. If I were starting over I'd give Raimondi a try. I'm already invested in Tuscan myself.

Reactions: Contractor101

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
That was all pre-rewards. Now I just feel dirty when posting.
That's just some of that Victorian era English upbringing left lingering behind. Be European. Or a politician. You'll find the guilt just washes away!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Im going with the Raimondi. After some research, those little "legs" that get compressed are like fingers- and they help grip the tile from lateral movement. It would appear that the others ones don't seem to have that as a design trait. Also those legs become spacers when used in the corner of 4 tiles.

I just bought the system, I will give it a whirl next week.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
ck out the john bridge tile forum, all those tile leveling systems have threads a mile long

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
The MLT is the best ! .. I don't know why the link to upload pictures from my tablet doesn't work. But this leveling is perfect especially for large format tiles..
How is it better than RLS?

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I'm no expert and have only used the RLS system, but from the picture it looks like the RLS wedges are bigger than those caps. And I believe the MTL bases are about $100 more for 2000 than the RLS clips. RLS is also a two piece system. Wouldn't that be better than straps, bases and caps?

Again, just asking. I have a way of typing my thoughts that make it sound accusatory or judgmental.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts