Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I picked up about 1,200 sq ft of engineered hardwood flooring at an auction recently. It says on the boxes : "Millmaster Real Wood Floating Floor". Thought I'd look them up online to get some info on the product, but multiple searches for every permutation of these words just turns up other auctions. It's like this company doesn't really exist. I'm starting to think it's just some nameless chinese company that dumps this stuff on auction houses or something.

Anyone know wnything about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Millmaster sounds like a cute and reputable name. The Chinese generally import wood from the U.S., Russia and SE Asia, since they do not want to use their small amount of quality wood for something like flooring, since $10,000+ violins are more profitable.

The Chinese manufacturing company does not dump the material. It is probably a marketing/importing company that buys materials made to their specs. - The Chinese public and contractors may not be willing to buy the junk and like to see it exported. - They buy as many Buicks as the U.S., but buy even more Mercedes and BMWs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mill master

Millmaster is a wholesale commercial grade brand name. I have installed it many times, good quality from my experience. Made for high traffic zones but rarely found at the retail level. I custom order it to suit the job.

Gentlemen,

I picked up about 1,200 sq ft of engineered hardwood flooring at an auction recently. It says on the boxes : "Millmaster Real Wood Floating Floor". Thought I'd look them up online to get some info on the product, but multiple searches for every permutation of these words just turns up other auctions. It's like this company doesn't really exist. I'm starting to think it's just some nameless chinese company that dumps this stuff on auction houses or something.

Anyone know wnything about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Millmaster is a wholesale commercial grade brand name. I have installed it many times, good quality from my experience. Made for high traffic zones but rarely found at the retail level. I custom order it to suit the job.
Well that's a convincing post.

You custom order it from whom? I can't find anything anywhere to say who makes it to order it from them. Nor can I find anyone who wholesales it. No company website, nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i see...

There are many using the brand name Millmaster, I bought it at auction also. It looks to me like they blow out the overstock there. The enginnered I bought was the same as my wholesale but a lot cheaper. I asked my wholesaler and it's only in Vancouver BC, so not sure how these other people seem to know it. Must be other companies using the same brand name from different manufacturers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
King Of Floors

I purchased Millmaster from King Of Floors in Surrey. This thread made me a bit leary but they assured me it was not bought at auction and not related to the above posts. So I do feel a bit obligated to voice my experience. I have a family of 4 and we are very active but Millmaster has held up great. My 10 month old is currently skidding his baby walker all over it and no scratches. In fact,at the advice of the salesman, we opted for the distressed look. If it does get scratched it only looks better but Wood is wood so I do expect some damage over the years. Anyway so far so good and thank you King Of Floors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts