Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day around noontime I had to rush back to the house to meet an insurance guy. Throw my pouch in the truck and go on my way 10 miles to the house on twist and turning roads then the highway at 65 mph.
An hour later take the trip in reverse.
Go and get out my pouch but cant find my hammer. I get all WTF, then look on my tool box and again WTF, there it is.

My hammer survived the back and forth trip sitting on the tool box. I guess after 25 years my hammer didnt want to call it quits yet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Coffee mug on my back bumper ... Rode there a good 15 miles... Still cant figure out how with the f250 you feel every bump in the road not to mention the turns and up and down hill with starting and stopping.... Try not strapping something on good enough tho one time and it hits the pavement before your even out of the parking lot!

·
Punching above his weight
12,048 Posts
The bumper is great. Had a coffee cup make a trip across town. Couldn't believe it.

Also left an adjustable wrench on my roof for 50 miles. Saw it as soon as I got out and played it cool. Grabbed it an threw it in the back pocket before anybody saw.

·
Registered
Custom
13,665 Posts
I wonder if the air flowing down the back creates a vacuum?... Eh, too late to think that deep...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Done it many times...although I lost a box of screws on a busy road one time. :whistling

·
Super Moderator
28,755 Posts
I used to wear Costa Del Mars.

I left a Seiko and a pair of Costas on my bumper a few years ago when I was doing some siding.

My cell is my watch and I wear safety sun glasses I buy for 12 bucks at my lumber yard now.

·
1,745 Posts
I don't get it either.

Left the trailer light adapter on the rear bumper for about five miles. Was surprised as all get up when I saw it was still sitting where I stupidly left.

Someone was looking after me that day.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've had coffee cups and tools ride all the way to town on the back bumper. And then last winter I was turning around in my driveway and my cell phone fell off my bumper....AND I RAN OVER THE DANG THING! :censored: In my driveway!

·
Registered
345 Posts
My sons cell phone on the top back cushion of the boat. Drove like a sob to the lake and there is sat.

Guess we don't have to tie the load down after all. :laughing:

Mike

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Gave an impact driver a lift into town on back bumper... guy came into lumberyard and asked if that was my truck with the drill on the back bumper..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I donated a flooring stapler to the roads not to long ago. Left the tailgate down and it was in a slippery plastic case and our it went. Maybe it would have made it if I left it on the bumper.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts