Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez... I'm sitting on over $800 just in 18volt batteries.

The oldest drill and impact are over 4 years old and still going strong. Been used pretty hard, even drilled a few 2 9/16 hole hawg holes in 2x material for plumbing vents. It's been a hoss.

Attachments

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
How big is your crew? I use m18 tools daily and with 4 batteries I never need to wait for charging. Usually 3-4 tools with batteries
And 0-1 on a charger.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I'm a freak for the red.:clap: I would gather all mine up and take a picture but I can't take the chance of my wife seeing it.:laughing: I'm liking the fuel, aren't they supposed to have saw kit shortly? One of my sawzalls crapped out the other day though:censored:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too have milwaukee and love them. This past year I got the m18 drill, impact, hackzall, circular saw, with 4 batts. Everything works great, love the hackzall & circular saw has great power. Wouldnt mind getting the angle grinder.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
... Really too bad about Ryan Braun, oohhh not that kind of Milwaukee fan :whistling

25 year history with Milwaukee Tools. Still have a 7 1/4" and 8 1/4" circular saw from 1987. Still going. Moved away from their cordless in the mid 2000's. Makita had a better price, balance and power for a few years. Now Milwaukee has stepped back into real competition after lagging behind... Imho It was a real sad day when I finally threw away my old 9.6v Milwaukee drill, Got a good 15 years out of it. Though it was too front heavy, but nothing like a dewalt or panasonic. Bought a Bosch 12v when they came out. Used both for many years.

Hoping the new Milwaukee tools are still being built like the old ones, especially the sawzalls - Only Milwaukee Sawzalls for me.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,309 Posts
I have the 18v jigsaw, a fuel impact driver, fuel drill, the 7/8" 18v roto-hammer, I also have a12v small 1/4" screw gun, 6 - 18v large batteries and three chargers

I own three of the first generation 18v impacts, an 18v. Circular saw, 18v sawzall and a hammer drill.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I have some Milwaukee stuff. I always consider them with any of my purchases but always buy something else. The only thing I knew I wanted was the hammer drill about 10 years ago and the 15 amp super sawzall. Which next time the recip saw will be Makita.

I had a previous sawzall that the gears snapped and had a deck/drywall screw gun that pretty much the same thing happened. Otherwise all of my Milwaukee stuff has done well.

So I have the hammer drill, 1/4 sheet sander, 15 amp super sawzall, drywall screw gun, chop saw, and just got their small roto hammer on sale for 90 bucks. Usually they are on sale so that is when I buy the Wuakee.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
The inside of my van is full of Milwaukee tools and my right angle drill purchased in about 2000 is still a monster and works great.

BUT I bought an M18 kit a couple years ago and have not been too impressed. I've been through 4 flashlights since there is a problem with the switch that they won't admit, the clutch on my drill sucked from day one, the sawzall is fine as is the screw gun.

I'm faltering and looking for other options. I like the Makita drills/screw guns an awful lot.

Nothing will ever beat Milwaukee's sawzall and right angle drills, but they have some work to do in order to win me back.

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,014 Posts
I get weak in the knees for Milwaukee tools. All my cordless and some of my corded tools are Milwaukee. Originally I wanted to buy Makita but the Milwaukee was cheaper and a few years later I sure am glad I went with them, I really like the direction Milwaukee is going with their tools.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,309 Posts
I really like the fuel line. As a deck builder I use the piss out of them. I have no complaints. I really like this which is my recent addition to my collection.

image-3673366029.jpg

And this is such a great jigsaw I took my corded Bosch out of my truck and put it on a shelf.

image-20259217.jpg

It's very powerful and doesn't run out the batteries like you would think, especially with putting out so much power.

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Californiadecks said:
I really like the fuel line. As a deck builder I use the piss out of them. I have no complaints. I really like this which is my recent addition to my collection. And this is such a great jigsaw I took my corded Bosch out of my truck and put it on a shelf. It's very powerful and doesn't run out the batteries like you would think, especially with putting out so much power.
Same here with the jigsaw. Seems like the corded jigsaw didn't get used a ton, because it meant you had to go get it out of the truck and get it plugged in. I guess we just made do with whatever else we were using. But now that I have the cordless, and it's right there handy with a battery, it seems like we use it every day.

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Golden view said:
How big is your crew? I use m18 tools daily and with 4 batteries I never need to wait for charging. Usually 3-4 tools with batteries And 0-1 on a charger.
Usually just 2-3, but sometimes up to 4-5. These aren't all on the job all the time though. Actually, this was the first time I put all the cordless tools in one place, and I was surprised I had so many. Some stay in the garage, and I try to keep one small bag with a battery and drill/impact and charger in the truck.

I have one main box with a drill, impact, sawzall, skillsaw, grinder, jigsaw, flashlight, and I try to keep four batteries and two chargers in there. That seems to be plenty.

Those little 12volt drills are pretty sweet too. I use them mostly for pocket screwing face frames, and they work great. I keep thinking I'm going to get more of that line, like the copper cutter, hand inspection camera, hacksaw, etc. Some of those things look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We use them all the time. No pics but we have 2 drills, 2 impact drivers, sawzall, saw, flashlight, and regular torque 1/2" impact. All M18. We started doing some large footprint houses and small commercial buildings so i like to send two guys around withe the drill, saw, and impact to lay the mudsill. This cuts time drastically when you dont have to drag 500' of cord around. We also run a bunch of their corded stuff. 5 tilt lock saws, 1/2 drill high torque impact, right angle drill, grinder and three 15 amp sawzalls. The sawzalls are definitely the best but i dont like the flip lever to remove the shoe. The pin that holds it in always pops out when you really get after it.
Also i saw some one asked about the fuel skill saw. They shrunk the table down to like 4" wide or something but I'm really excited to see a rafter hook! Now if they would just put them on the corded saws

·
Registered
594 Posts
And i forgot that we have the six way sequential charger. its nice not having to worry about constantly switch batteries out. I just wish they would all charge at the same time.
I have the M12 jacket and two batteries. I like the jacket although i havent worn it to work yet. Its to nice! But now i have two batteries and no tools to put them in! Im thinkin ill get the little radio

1 - 20 of 58 Posts