Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to embark on building my own home. To add to the complexity of the build, the site is super remote on an outlying island in Fiji which means a couple of things. Firstly we need to build for cyclones (hurricanes) so will be building an all poured in place concrete structure with a standing seam hip roof. The next challenge is that getting certain pieces of equipment can be a challenge, running down to the Home Depot isn't really an option for many things. For the most part, I need to buy equipment as rentals are not available. Finally, the build is on a moderately sloped lot.

I have a container of building supplies leaving LA in a few weeks and want to add a laser level to my kit. I've been reading reviews and am a bit confused as to what I need. It seems as if many laser levels are trade-specific. I am looking for a laser level that will serve me well for most things, from foundation layout, getting the walls straight, square and plumb to hanging cabinets level, to laying floor tiles, etc. What are your thoughts on the Stabila 180 (overkill???) or the 160G? Are there any other contenders I should be looking at? I would prefer to stay under $1500-2000 if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,315 Posts
IBTL.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,644 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.