Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at two products Dewitt Contractor Select PLus landscape fabric a no-woven fabric and Dewitt PRO 5 a woven fabric, any comments as to which is better??
Also what make and name of fabric do you use??
Looking for some thing that's better then what I have been using.

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
You don't need fabric under the rock, I have landscaping in front of my house done with rock, 12 years now no fabric and no maintenance issues.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You don't need fabric under the rock, I have landscaping in front of my house done with rock, 12 years now no fabric and no maintenance issues.
as in no weeds growing out of it? I guess that all depends on how clean you keep your rocks. I get weeds growing out in foundation cracks, let alone rocks. Lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
as in no weeds growing out of it? I guess that all depends on how clean you keep your rocks. I get weeds growing out in foundation cracks, let alone rocks. Lol.
How clean you keep your rocks? If there is only dirt under the rocks, then there is no clean. You will get weeds and many weeds. I say whatever fabric you use, double it up. You don't want weeds to start growing a few years down the road.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Several years ago I put fabric under a thin layer of sand + decorative stone at the front of the house. Total depth less than 2". Works great. Only minimal weeds and they've been easy to manage. It was whatever Costco sold that year - grey, on the thicker side. (The thinner, black, easy-to-rip stuff is worthless.) I don't think it was woven, more like a pressed mash of fibers, whatever you call that. Edit: "Spun" vs. woven. Get spun.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Looking at two products Dewitt Contractor Select PLus landscape fabric a no-woven fabric and Dewitt PRO 5 a woven fabric, any comments as to which is better??
Also what make and name of fabric do you use??
Looking for some thing that's better then what I have been using.
What are you trying to accomplish by using the fabric?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts