Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a better word for making a person feel better about using you instead of someone else?

satisfaction
ease
comfort
trust
confidence
faith
other: see reply

I'm putting together a company slogan and need your help. I have the whole thing but don't know exactly which word to use.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't like "trust". Seems like everyone has that in their lines.

"trusted for generations"
"trust us with your home"
"you can trust us"
"trust me, I'm on the pill"
"this car's like new, trust me!"

Seems like trust should be earned, not marketed.

Why don't you throw some slogans our way and see what the masses think.

·
Instructor, ex-contractor
86 Posts
What is a better word for making a person feel better about using you instead of someone else?

satisfaction
ease
comfort
trust
confidence
faith

I'm putting together a company slogan and need your help. I have the whole thing but don't know exactly which word to use.
Hey Grumpy!
A customer feels better about using you if he has "no regrets."
I'm no wordsmith, but something that alludes to that feeling of being proud of ones's choice of contractors might be good?? Hard to come up with a clean, original message with all the advertising out there. Best Wishes!

BTW, How's this... Getting Grumpy makes you SMILE! ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
The word trust is a load of bollicks,I personally never trust any one that says trust me, it usually means I think you so dumb that you won't understand what I'm saying, or I can't be bothered explaining it to you.Or the first chance I get I'm going to rip you off.As the German's say trust is great but control is better.Now the word confidence that's a different thing.To win a client's confidence is a wonderful thing,but one slip whether real or not and man you will not get it back it does not matter how hard you try.So I would be looking for the word CONFIDENCE IMHO. billy

·
Registered
429 Posts
Man at first I thought this is like talking to some one from the past.Like do you think the Romans will really beat the British?Well from where I'm looking at it I think you can put it down as a safe bet.So now it's time for Grumpy to come back and tell us how it worked out?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The Bitterness OF Poor Quality Remains Longer,
Than The Sweetness Of A Low Price Is Forgotten!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
i put it on the back my business cards

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
keep the van straight forward,dont let people in traffic think to much, the might crash into him :wallbash:

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts

satisfaction
ease
comfort
trust
confidence
faith

The right word might depend on the rest of the slogan. Care to share?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts