Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rheem RGPH-10EBRJR gas furnace with a Rheem RCHA-48A1GG21XI coil. There 2 years old and I need to replace my outside condensing unit. Can you tell me which one would fit my inside units the best. And can it be 12 SEER?
My home is 1700 sq ft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
prneum said:
I have a Rheem RGPH-10EBRJR gas furnace with a Rheem RCHA-48A1GG21XI coil. There 2 years old and I need to replace my outside condensing unit. Can you tell me which one would fit my inside units the best. And can it be 12 SEER?
My home is 1700 sq ft.
Call your Air conditioning contractor and tell him you need an RPMD048 outdoor unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would have your contractor run a load calculation on your house and see what size AC you need. A 4 ton AC sounds like way to much for a 1700 sq foot home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rheem's 12seer single phase condensers RAMB- and 4 tons for 1700'ft sounds big to me too. unless you are in the humid south like Florida. if you are in a place like Florida i'd be looking into a higher seer than 12.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unless you live in a house made out of glass, 4t is too big as previously stated.

A load calculation is when you measure all the windows, doors, sq/ft, wall thickness, attic insulation and so on to determine cooling load. If you need help with this, e-mail me and I can help you. It would take about 20 minutes to do. Otherwise, anyone you are considering to replace your system should provide this service each and everytime you replace HVAC equipment. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts