Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about to get a new cellphone. i have narrowed it down to three. first the iphone 3gs second the blackberry storm and finally the samsung optima. they all look like nice phones and i think i would be pleased with either one but i can't make up my mind. my main questions are: is the iphone worth it. i is the blackberry storm or the optima as good as the iphone

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
My wife works for Verizon, so I would say the storm, I have the Gz'One Boulder, and the curve, Like them both.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
I think the Blackberry Storm is a great phone. I love my phone. The clock feature is awesome. It is so easy to set up. Doesn't feel like it is going to break like the iphone. Not to mention that every fortune 500 company uses blackberry, and not i phone. There is a reason. they are far superior for business use. it is not a fun phone only. It can do everything the i phone can, and yes apps are coming out everyday for blackberry also. But it can do everything the i phone can and more. Go with the STorm. Only gripe is the touch screen. If you have larger thumbs you will be mad at text or emailing.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. i didnt want a iphone cause its apple and you gotta do things thier way or the highway. the samsung isnt as popular so thier are less aps etc

·
Design Build
8,570 Posts
thanks for the replies. i didnt want a iphone cause its apple and you gotta do things thier way or the highway. the samsung isnt as popular so thier are less aps etc
jail break it...and have the most powerful phone on the planet

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies. I'm not worried about smudges. i was thinking touchscreen cause the screens bigger so that i have more room to view web pages and pictures and things of the sort.

whats the bold have more than the storm other that a tiny qwerty keypad

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
thanks for the replies. I'm not worried about smudges. i was thinking touchscreen cause the screens bigger so that i have more room to view web pages and pictures and things of the sort.

whats the bold have more than the storm other that a tiny qwerty keypad
I prefer the keyboard. I had a touchscreen phone before this phone and it stopped working (i'm not easy on phones).

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bought a storm this morning. overall i like it. now that i have that settled, what cases are good for construction. i like the tough skin but they don't make one for the storm. is there a alternative.

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
Both my wife and I had a Blackberry and I didn't think the iPhone was anything special....until I got myself an iPhone. Wow, what a phone and so many free applications available. I already downloaded a carpenters level and construction calculator along with a bunch of other helpful apps. It makes my Blackberry look like nothing but a phone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got an Iphone after having a Curve. I really liked the Curve a lot. The new Iphone really is something else. Way faster for opening cut sheets on websites. Intuitive beyond belief. Now that it does video it is hard to beat. Synch through Itunes way faster than Blackberry desktop manager. Downfalls are no flash camera and battery won't last a full day. Charger in the truck and all is well again. It can be used as a toy but it is extremely effective for business use and the apps cant be touched by RIM (yet). It was a toss up between this and the Bold. No regrets at all

1 - 20 of 30 Posts