Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could and had the money, where would you want to pack up the family, dog, cat etc.. and move to , start over and know THIS is where i want to be the rest of my life? and why???

·
Registered
646 Posts
Never thought I would ever hear someone say this in my entire life. :laughing:
Well, I was born and raised in Bismarck, ND. Dad was from a small town (well a farm near a small town in ND). Mom was born in Capitol Heights, MD (PG county for those in the know). I've seen small towns and big cities....Boise is the perfect mix for me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
No need to defend yourself. I was just joking. I've never been to Boise so what do I know.

Now Flint on the other hand....

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
French alps would be a great destination if i could pic outside of the US but i cant so thats not an option. Va for me is a perfect setup. Close to the mountains for snowboarding and mountain biking, Lake house down the road for wakeboarding and fishing and beach house only a few hours drive for windsurfing. :thumbsup:

·
Interior Renovations
253 Posts
Ive lived in New York City my whole life and my Girlfriend is originally from Northern California. NY is too expensive and since we are getting married and hopefully looking for a house soon, we have been talking about moving out of NY. California is too far for me so we have no ideas...If I could afford it though, I would stay in NY forever.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
After a lot of traveling (37 countries), if my kids and grandchildren were not a factor it would be the eastern beach coast of India (one of the longest beaches in the world) or Lucerne, Switzerland where everything is close (Alps, Germany, Spain and the Mediterranian, etc.). Coastal Bosnia, Turkey and Greece are also high on the list, but the language and understanding would take a year or two to be real comfortable. The the cost savings are great (except for places like Istanbul).

I have lived in Minnesota, California, Connecticutt, Virginia and Michigan until my second wife (Joy2, a PA person) suggested one day moving to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area because we visited there frequently. We have everyting for dining and entertainment (Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartny, and the Bolshei Ballet all at different locations on the same day if you do not go to a hockey, football or basketball game - We don't go often, but we could if we chose). She beacame good friends with Joy1 and the move from Michigan was great inspite of safely living 200 miles from Detroit.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Money is not a factor, 9 miles from where I live now. I have lived in many areas and traveled a lot, and Oklahoma is where the heart is and will remain.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I saw a list on yahoo or somewhere of 10 hot spots now for employment and they only one that remotely appealed to me was SLC. As for the why, I guess because of recreational opportunities nearby.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Northern Shenandoah Valley in Va. is my current residence, hard to beat, but I like to travel in a Motor Home (I have one) all over the US as long & often as I care to. Time & Finances are limited.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have my home on the market and as soon as it sells, I am moving to Hawaii. I have a potential buyer that made us an offer with contingency of sale of their home. There home is about $100,000 less. So now we may buy theirs and rent it out and then they buy ours. Aloha!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts