Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working at boosting my professionalism as well as upping my marketing strategy this year. I'm looking into getting company t shirts made but I'm having a hard time finding a place that will give me a decent price on only around 20 shirts.

Anyone know of any websites that do?

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
There's a young couple that has opened a print and media shop near me and they are focused on offering small quantities for small businesses. They make a very nice product.

I'd be happy to send you their info. I'm sure they would ship.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
you can easily go through a local workwear shop or tropy shop that makes shirts for teams. i know locally theres over a dozen places i can get them done up

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do mine locally to. Last time I did some I had 5 shirts made up for $16 a piece and they were the nice polyester/nylon material. The shirts weren't top quality but they are nice. Next time I plan on going to a slightly nicer shirt so it may be $20 a piece.

Not bad really for some really good looking custom shirts....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't get from cafe press their shirts are cheap. Zazzle is insanely priced And I found a good local guy. Also does truck decals and after you use them once usually they start cutting you deals and have a more quality product

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought ten shirts from vistaprint. After ONE washing the logos came off in the wash. Vistaprint did send me ten more for free that all came off in the wash. Now I have 20 black t-shirts. I am going local.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
I bought ten shirts from vistaprint. After ONE washing the logos came off in the wash.
Interesting. I've been getting my shirts from them the last couple of years and haven't had that problem. I tried a local place and they wanted a setup charge of $100 (waived with a minimum order of 150 shirts) and $20+ per shirt. Granted they were probably better quality, but shirts get trashed when you're actually working and not standing around looking pretty :laughing:.

·
Registered
48 Posts
66 Shelby said:
Interesting. I've been getting my shirts from them the last couple of years and haven't had that problem. I tried a local place and they wanted a setup charge of $100 (waived with a minimum order of 150 shirts) and $20+ per shirt. Granted they were probably better quality, but shirts get trashed when you're actually working and not standing around looking pretty :laughing:.
They can't figure it out. Like I said they sent more and the same result. I think vistaprint has many print shops and the one doing my shirts sucked. They said it might be the black shirts. This was two years ago. Shelby did you get your shirts recently? Maybe I'll try again.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have never had a problem with Vistaprint shirts. My last batch from a year ago are pretty much worn out with small holes and wear and tear. Logos have held up perfect. Local places are much more expensive.I would go local for something nicer like a jacket. I only buy work T's from Vistaprint which just take abuse on site.

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
I don't know how big your name or logo is going to be on the shirt but if it's something small you might want to look into getting those iron-on transfer sheets that you make up in your computer.

The caveat is that you should cut out your lettering or logo so that it will look like you had it done at a shop and not something you made on the ironing board. If you ever notice, there are a lot of people wearing custom T-shirts that have the big 8½ x 11 rectangle smack dab in the middle. You don't want that. Also, if you want a design that's bigger than 8½ x 11 you'll be able to do it with multiple sheets of the transfer paper.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,441 Posts
I don't know how big your name or logo is going to be on the shirt but if it's something small you might want to look into getting those iron-on transfer sheets that you make up in your computer.
I actually experimented with those 10-12 years ago for my boys' baseball activities, and they looked good and held up well through repeated washings. No idea how they do with today's inkjets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts