Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Call all the swimming pool companies working in your area. They are looking for the shortest distance to haul the dirt they remove.

You might do the same with all the excavators working in your area.

Flexibility is the key to cheap. If they can dump it when it fits their schedule and that allows them to save $ on another job, it will work.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
$5.50 per ton for road base here and about $75 delivery for a 15 ton truck. That's about the only fill I would mess with around here. I'm not even going to let them bury me in this crap clay dirt.:laughing:

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
just put a 4' x 8' reflective sign on the property you want filled saying....POSITIVELY NO DUMPING OF CLEAN FILL!!!! VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED!!! you'll have the lot full in 3 days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where to find fill dirt

I still see a lot of "Clean Fill Wanted" signs out there! They still help me but in this tech-savvy society there are a bunch of websites that expose cut and fill sites / import-export sites.
I've tried all of them. Google "Clean-Fill-Wanted" it seems to have the most up-to-date info and they delete all the old postings.

I can get rid of dirt quickly and get dirt quickly to keep my trucks on the road.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
It's not hump day. It's zombie thread revival day.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Dirt finder...... who thinks of this stuff? I can walk outside and find tons of dirt in my yard.

·
Registered
555 Posts
:thumbup:Very useful, was curious but couldn't find either needed or wanted dirt within 100 miles of me. I know just about every site I've looked at in the next county is heavy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Dirt finder...... who thinks of this stuff? I can walk outside and find tons of dirt in my yard.
I worked for one outfit that had a company dedicated to finding, buying, trading, selling, and finding places to dump dirt. The highly thought out company name you ask? Joe DIRT. Got dirt? Need dirt? Call Joe DIRT

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
When filling in my ex-wifes property i made a personal stop to the Town and to the local State facility and signed wavers for them to bring in fill from digging ditches and cleaning roads. Sometimes you got broken glass, a lot of sand, some large stones and of course weeds but i have to say you spread that crap out and you had a green lawn in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the op is probably dead an gone by now, but we get dirt from basement digs and sell it. Nice when you do the dig yourself and can separate the topsoil and sell it for more

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
When filling in my ex-wifes property i made a personal stop to the Town and to the local State facility and signed wavers for them to bring in fill from digging ditches and cleaning roads. Sometimes you got broken glass, a lot of sand, some large stones and of course weeds but i have to say you spread that crap out and you had a green lawn in a couple weeks.
Was she under the dirt ?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts