Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple rooms to paint, and some of the paneling has some holes in them. The look doesn't have to match, just want it to be close. Also looking for the cheap plastic corner pieces, and trim pieces to go around the windows and whatnot. Don't want to have to patch these, would rather put on new ones so its easy to caulk then paint. I assumed the depot would have these, but they don't. Anyone have a source?

BTW, I'm talking about this 70's type of paneling decor:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
You may be able to use 1/4" plywood and "flute" it with the appropriate straight cut router bit.
I've been told by the owner of "Panel City", a long established local distributor, that all the major manufacturers have stopped production. He may have some inventory of what you need, but he's in south Jersey.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
We have a habitat for humanity place here that sells old windows, doors, screen and even the kitchen sinks. They salvage all that kind of stuff. You should call around I am sure you have some kind of place like that in SL that recycles and sells old windows and other retro things. I would check there.
I have seen paneling in lowes before but couldn't say if it would match up to the old stuff.

·
Where's my coffee?
92 Posts
Think about targeting a wall as a donor. Then find something close and do the entire donor wall... or make it totally different, as an accent wall.

Cheap wood huh. Too easy.

Dave

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You may be able to use 1/4" plywood and "flute" it with the appropriate straight cut router bit.
I've been told by the owner of "Panel City", a long established local distributor, that all the major manufacturers have stopped production. He may have some inventory of what you need, but he's in south Jersey.:thumbsup:
Done this a few times. As long as it's going to be painted anyways. I think I used luan the last time. Actually blended in quite well once painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts