Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building homes on property that I own and am having a hard time finding owner/builder general liability insurance. Any suggestions on where to go for this type of insurance?

Contacted ezbind.com twice who say they can help, but they don't return my call or email.

·
Interior Remodeling
1,275 Posts
eepto0237 said:
I'm building homes on property that I own and am having a hard time finding owner/builder general liability insurance. Any suggestions on where to go for this type of insurance?

Contacted ezbind.com twice who say they can help, but they don't return my call or email.
Should be able to get it anywhere. Contractor general liability insurance. Not sure if being owner builder makes it any different?

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,123 Posts
I would talk to your insurance agent and see if he could recommend some one that handles that kind of insurance. I would think that one that handles commercial would able too.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Talk to an insurance broker who represents several co's -- not an ins co. only.

If there is a home builder or remodeling industry assoc nearby they usually have an ins broker or two listed on their website.

Be prepared to place your auto and home with them too. They'll mention it. These are not internet places. They have to make a few dollars and you get local personalized service. In a few years when you know the environment, maybe you can go the www route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.