Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1368 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I can't see how sharing my location with an unknown # of third parties will improve this web site or its utility for me.

Everyone, going forward, cover the lenses and microphones of the Cloud,

Big Data is not a friend to small businesses OR individual freedom.

Keep your curtains closed to the nosy neighbors and spies.

Some where in the USA, maybe.....

I want info from fellow contractors OUTSIDE my trade area, that I don't Compete with....

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,935 Posts
I can't see how sharing my location with an unknown # of third parties will improve this web site or its utility for me.
I guess you're special then.

It's not about improving this site per se, it's about providing maximum benefit for the users. A question about planting fence posts will [should] get different responses depending upon whether the OP is in AK, FL or AZ.

True, it probably doesn't matter if you never have need for advice. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I want info from fellow contractors OUTSIDE my trade area, that I don't Compete with....

Doesn’t that mean their disclosure is beneficial to you? So that you know they are outside your trade area?

Wouldn’t your disclosure be beneficial to them? In case they feel the same way?

They should comply, but you shouldn’t?

Last I checked, response to this thread is optional. If you think big brother cares that much, maybe your time would better be spent prepping for Skynet/doomsday/Armageddon/Next Great Recession/Zombie apocalypse, or whatever.

Besides, why would you care about how they do it or don’t do it in a foreign climate or country? While it may be entertaining or interesting, it’s mostly irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
If my local competition used this site in-clear, I would observe all that they do and say here, to my advantage..

You don't think anyone involved in a lawsuit wouldn't find their posts on the site used against them?

Really?

Every time i get on the site the ads change to reflect where and what I been doing on the InterNet....

Durn facts vs feelings.....:sad:

Once the data is out of your control, that bit or Byte of your businesses' or Private privacy is GONE till the Cloud implodes.

Good ideas have no boundaries or ZIP code limits IMHO, but I want the advantage of being an early adopter.

I think, I don't know for sure but the Owners of CT want your Geo tag to increase their profits from data mining of site users.

3rd, 4th and 5th parties DON'T need to know where I work or live.

Anyone or businesses that violates my privacy will be subject to the full weight of the Rule of Law.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am located in Dallas, Texas

I am located in Dallas, Texas right by Mountain Creek Lake and Dallas Baptist University. I perform Cast-in-place concrete work, mainly public works and private commercial. No Residential.:thumbup1:

1281 - 1300 of 1368 Posts