Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Contractor
7,807 Posts
I load it on the truck....it comes back empty... :thumbsup:

But it looks like you guys are working on a land bridge to the US. What's going on there? :detective:

We consider "clean fill" good compact-able soil that does not have rubble in it, looks like your clean fill is rubble/cinder blocks with very little soil mixed in.

We would take that to a "rubble" dump.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
We have people all the time looking for fill dirt. We typically are able to sell it. It is nice to make money both ways, getting paid to haul it off-site and getting paid to dump it. If we have no place to dump, we take it to our property. We have 45 acres in the country where we have a permitted shale/topsoil pit. We also dump our stumps there and burn them in the winter.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We cannot dump soil, dirt, asphalt, only, brick,block and concrete, they also have to broke down! concrete loads must have less than 5% reebar/wire mesh, all loads get checked going into the yard and while being unloaded. I don't have photos here but check out of photos of Toronto and this is how the city is being built out.
I also thought $33 was a good deal until I read on hear of guys dumping free loads or even getting paid for fill.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Rino,
You could print money down here if you had a permitted dump site. Like I said earlier, can't remember the last time I saw a job in Montgomery county, md that wasn't heavy.

How things going for you guys? This has been the worst winter I can remember to try to get anything done. Haven't done anything productive to speak of since the 1st week in dec. either it's raining, snowing or won't even freeze so we aren't slopping mud everywhere.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Busy as hell. Just started a new 28 lot housing development. Got it cleared and silt fence installed. Got a small storm water diversion to do then starting sanitary. Got close to $1 million in work this year. Houses, yards, elevator addition at a school, septic systems, etc. Actually have been turning down work.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Never a problem getting rid of fill around here. Most contractors have a place of their own to dump at. Most will even sort it out, screen it and resell it. Asphalt for example. i know one guy who takes all the asphalt he can get whether old driveways or part of a new load that was over estimated. He then breaks it up and spreads it on driveways on hot summer days and compacts it with his excavator. Not exactly an asphalt driveway but one hell of base for one or just use as is. Plows dont hurt it and it holds up to heavy trucks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Busy as hell. Just started a new 28 lot housing development. Got it cleared and silt fence installed. Got a small storm water diversion to do then starting sanitary. Got close to $1 million in work this year. Houses, yards, elevator addition at a school, septic systems, etc. Actually have been turning down work.
Great to hear man, keep it up!

Just got back last night from 4 day trip to the Dominican Republic from 85 and sunny everyday to 12 and stiff wind. Can't wait for this damn winter to be over!

·
Forming and Framing
6,273 Posts
The disposal company who took the demolition waste from that project you were on dumped it there too.. He would back right into the water basically and let it go. From what i hear they are very very strict about having **** mixed in it. To the point of rejecting loads.. Wood vs boat props apparently doesn't go over well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts