Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mother and her son were flying American Airlines from Dallas to Chicago.
The son (who had been looking out the window) turned to his mother and asked, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?"

The mother (who couldn't think of an answer) told her son to ask the stewardess. So the boy asked the stewardess, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?"

The stewardess responded, "Did your mother tell you to ask me?" The boy
said, "Yes she did." "Well, then, tell your mother that there are no baby planes because Southwest always pulls out on time. Have your mother explain that to you."

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Haha, cute.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
LoL. Actually i fly dallas to chicago if i get laid up in dallas/Fort. Southwest is a good economy airlines. However it usually flies into secondary airports. Example southwest flies out of midway chicago. They do have better on time because there not flying out of a major hub. Example ohare,Lax,JFK,Newark,Dullies, There is just so much traffic that its a domino effect. It you want to get out on time fly 5 or 6 am flight. Anything after that the effect will start. Won't really get back on track until late P.m. when traffic is starting to slow. Usually 9-11Pm. Or fly a red eye. If you could catch 2-3 am flight your wide open. Airport dead. Out on time. Most of those are international flights. But you might get lucky. :Thumbs:

Where do airplanes come from. Boeing-mcdonnell douglas which at one time I believe was howard hughs aviation. I'm 99 percent sure mcdonnell douglas bought hughs aviation back in the day.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Shop dust I'm not a component expert But i wouldn't dought if they were messing around with engines. I do know and i don't know if they still do but gm use to make train engines. I was told by a engineer who work for railroad there one of the best engines in a train. So it would be logical to assume maybe back in the day they were diversifing into all aspects of engine production. Auto,Trains,planes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
GM was the major owner of Allison Engines (V1710), which powered the PT boats, early P-51, P-38 P-39 and P-40 and held a portion of North American A/C (this is WW2 stuff) I do know the fuel pump from their 1950 series of Diesel Electric Locomotives used the one as the F-84(?) Taking the grandkids to see the Spruce Goose this weekend, prolly find an expert there.
Right now, their profits come from the finance, not auto divisions... saw the writing on the wall years ago?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts