Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a “rule of thumb” for placement of nobs, pulls and cups on cabinet doors and drawer fronts? More specifically, where two nobs are placed on one long drawer front. Seems like every time we do this we recreate the wheel in their placement.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
DaVinciRemodel said:
Is there a “rule of thumb” for placement of nobs, pulls and cups on cabinet doors and drawer fronts? More specifically, where two nobs are placed on one long drawer front. Seems like every time we do this we recreate the wheel in their placement.
I don't think I have ever placed them in the same positions. I ask the customers where they would prefer them and go from there.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
On the double length drawers I pretend it is two drawers.. Split in half, then centered on each half

Reactions: Robie

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
That's a good question... I was thinking of the 30-36" range. 'Pan' drawers

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
Where the customer says.

And I've never had two customers agree on where that is.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Here's a tough one... 36 two doors..yeah. 24 two doors????

Furniture Sideboard Property Wood stain Floor

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
Finishing a small kitchen, I just installed simple knobs on a three drawer base 21 where the two bottom drawers were taller. I thought about putting the knob on the bottom drawer higher for "reach" and comfort...and splitting the height difference for the middle drawer knob placement....and then I came to my senses and centered them all.

Where do you guys put them on a two door pantry cabinet? :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
On the wide drawer, center over each door instead.
Simply it's not my kitchen.....

Doesn't quite fit the Craftsman Style imho.And that's the recemondation I'd make to the owners and start the conversation of what is acceptable.

My answer is always let the home owner or Job Super/Expediditor decide.
That way I get paid to replace doors/drawer fronts or fill holes when they don't like it.

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
Simply it's not my kitchen.....

Doesn't quite fit the Craftsman Style imho.And that's the recemondation I'd make to the owners and start the conversation of what is acceptable.

My answer is always let the home owner or Job Super/Expediditor decide.
That way I get paid to replace doors/drawer fronts or fill holes when they don't like it.
I'd suggest hollow stainless handles.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
What is the most common grab? I do a lot of Knobs on doors, pulls on draws on occassion the opposite. I have done it every way possible probably mostly all pull. Just curious.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Sorry to hijack davincis thread..

I've got the pulls and knobs

Granite

Wood

It's my own flip, so there's no HO (yet!)

Reactions: TNTRenovate
1 - 20 of 55 Posts