Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...first post here.

I have been trying, without success, for two years to find a source (online or regular store) for a product called "Rollath". It's a flexible plastic lath which I find perfect for a variety of reinforcement purposes when a temporary lath-like solution is needed. Used to be able to order it direct from the factory, or pick it up at a local Menards (Chicago area). Can't find the manufacturer, and Menards (of course) has no idea what I'm talking about...I even brought 'em an old receipt to show the goofs that I'd bought it there!

Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, but thanks

No, this is what I found from a search for "rollath"...I'm speaking of a substitute for thin wood lath, a plastic stripping which comes in rolls about 1 1/4" wide, which I use to attach plastic sheeting over screen porches. It's way more convenient than trying to use wood lath, especially when I'm working alone...

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Sounds very similar.

Rollath was the brand name and is black plastic. The link above is white but is similar in description. Almost every roofer around here uses it when winds are strong. You can shingle right over it.

Edit: It comes in a cardboard box about 10''x10'' and you rip a corner of the box and it feeds out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rolath!!! Thanks.

Thanks mucho for all you help, guys.

FYI, I used a product similar to the Cinch-strap last year...it worked, but Rolath is far superior. It's "dimensionally stable" (ie, it's flat and not warped, which helps it resist winds better), and a little thicker than the strapping I used.

Again, thanks for the leads. This time, I'm bookmarking these web pages!:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts