Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the forum list tonight and I can't help but notice the lack of Landscapers we have here. Were are all these guys? I would love to have more of their input here.

If you know of any please invite them over. You can also use our refer a friend link here: http://www.contractortalk.com/tell.htm

Also, if anyone has any ideas of how to reach these guys let me know.

Thanks! :Thumbs:

U

·
0 Posts
That's cause there are several lawncare and landscape boards also using vBulletin format.

I am not going to spam your board with the links, but I thought I would answer your question.

BTW I am an Admin on one myself.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, there are more landscaping boards out there than anything else. But I still this forum is very unique. How many boards do you know of where a landscaper can share marketing/business ideas with a plumber?

BTW, Thanks for leaving out the links... :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I could use a landscaper, I keep tearing stuff out and not replacing it.
It's starting to look like Hiroshima around here.

·
American
118 Posts
Well I'm new at landscaping so I wont be of much help but.... I am here. I do mostly construction clean-up work but that brings me into contact with the builders and so far I have done a little lawn seeding and a retainer wall so a driveway parking area could be expanded on a slight slope. I also have a few lawn maintenance accounts.

As for letting others know about your site I will ask if it's ok too let members know about you on a couple of sites that are not afraid of other sites and see what they say. I do know that if you wont let there links be posted they won't care much about letting me post yours.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the board Black Water!

What do you think we can do to attract more landsapers? We like having all trades input in our discussions.

U

·
0 Posts
What do you think we can do to attract more landsapers? We like having all trades input in our discussions.[/QUOTE said:
Other than free mowers and beer:D, I think Leadarrows second paragraph is a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unregistered said:
What do you think we can do to attract more landsapers? We like having all trades input in our discussions.[/QUOTE said:
Other than free mowers and beer:D, I think Leadarrows second paragraph is a step in the right direction.
Sorry, forgot to log in.

·
M. D. Vaden of Oregon
28 Posts
Another old thread, but it stood out in light of the low landscaper traffic when I first found this forum.

I think there is always room for several forums. For me, they are part recreational.

The lawn forums - others - have a unique nature. Many of the posts indicate the users are pushing their way into the industry, trying to milk free information and not lifting a finger to go through college or get the right training.

In one, it's amazing how many lawn services add to their signature a list of the equipment they own.

That would be like me signing this post with:

M. D. Vaden
Toshiba TV
JVC stereo
Canon Camera

or Husqvarna 385XP

In a way, it appears like a thin "veneer" for a small ego - fragile personalities.

Hopefully you get visitors - I'm here by accident.

I just started a tree related forum. But I won't mind whether it get 40 posts per day, or 40 per month. I'm almost leaning toward the lean side.

My site just got hacked into last week. My son says the logs show 100,000 visits by the one source that did the damage - to insert a fake Ebay page.

We use a PHP NUKE layout. We need to investigate the long-term security issues. It seems it was the server that may have compromised the situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a landscaper...22 years in the business. Located in northern Virginia .
I found this website while looking at the lawnsite website... I'm trying to find sources for materials.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the site guys! Were always looking for more contractors to join our little site...

Where in Norhtern Virginia are you from GeorgieHopper?
I moved to Central Florida about a year ago but I grew up in Northern Virginia. Last I lived in South Riding but also lived in Reston and Burke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reston

I'm based in Reston. I've only been in this area for almost 5 years.... I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pa... and no, I don't follow the Steelers! :cheesygri

U

·
0 Posts
materials

georgiehopper said:
I'm a landscaper...22 years in the business. Located in northern Virginia .
I found this website while looking at the lawnsite website... I'm trying to find sources for materials.
Hi georgie,

I manufacture all non-toxi and organic fertilizers, pest control products. Over 50 products. Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unregistered said:
Hi georgie,

I manufacture all non-toxi and organic fertilizers, pest control products. Over 50 products. Let me know if interested.
I might be interested, do you have a web site? You didn't sign in so there is no contact info.
Gene

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
georgiehopper said:
I'm trying to find sources for materials.
what kinds of materials are you trying to find sources for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Landscaper here in NW Arkansas Nathan...

Nathan said:
I was looking at the forum list tonight and I can't help but notice the lack of Landscapers we have here. Were are all these guys? I would love to have more of their input here.

If you know of any please invite them over. You can also use our refer a friend link here: http://www.contractortalk.com/tell.htm

Also, if anyone has any ideas of how to reach these guys let me know.

Thanks! :Thumbs:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts