Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Artist and not a curator
10,606 Posts
Ok so it's not a window. Defiantly needed a more qualified person on that one (y)
To pull a ****ing nail? Thats about as basic as you can get.

Some people are meant to push the business. Some are meant to push a broom. You have one of those two positions locked up.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,771 Posts

Some people are meant to push the business. Some are meant to push a broom. You have one of those two positions locked up.

If a person has never pulled any amount of nails in their lifetime, what is basic to you and me, becomes advanced for them. I come in contact with people weekly, some are successfully retired, and I wonder how they made it this far in life.
Properly pulling a nail would be a major challenge.

·
GC/carpenter
40,992 Posts
I'll take a good attitude over a good Carpenter that no one wants to work with any day of the week.

There many jobs for all levels in my business. I can usually find a spot for someone that has a great attitude.

Mike.
___

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts

It's more than pulling a nail, it's pulling a nail right next to a pane of glass. Just like hitting a nail right next to a pane of glass.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive always said "you cant fix stupid and you cant train give a feck."

Some guys just lack common sense or simply dont really care about thier work and are obviously just watching the clock and counting the hours til pay day. Some of these guys can be decent workers but they need to be treated like a machine or a computer. Program them for simple tasks and keep an eye on them and they can be great especially when they show up every day without any drama. Slowly add more repetitive tasks to the database and keep the gears lubed and the machine makes you money. The problem is when you have a business that is set up where you cant have steady supervision or constantly are doing work that requires adapting on the fly. Then, if the machine runs into a problem it either stops or it keeps running breaks stuff. Either way it starts costing money.

That said, i obviously cant speak for your business set up or the employee in question but mistakes do happen. If he feels bad about it then at least it shows he cares but got sloppy. You'll never find an employee that cares about your business the way you do but reliable team players are hard enough to find these days.

And yeah, CB4 was a pretty funny movie. I remember the first time i heard "sweat on my balls....... I literally had sweat on my balls"

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
The glass sure as **** was $600 for materials only. A large double insulated pane on a greenhouse. He was trying to pull a duplex nail next to it that was holding a temporary tarp and set the nail puller on the glass.
Yeah that was pretty dumb. My question... Did he laugh about it or was he truly apologetic?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts