Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
T. P. I. Construction
13 Posts
Big Al you are exactly what's wrong with today's contractors...

Listen to the others son, talk to the HO, but don't try to muscle them into paying for what might be your mistake.

Ask of them to help you find a way out, they will respect you for not bailing.

I think you are missing what I am saying. I am not saying stick it to the customer. If there are legitimate change orders to be paid than he should be paid for them. where the cost over runs are due to poor biding than that is the contractors problem.

Some of the Items that he listed may of exceeded the scope of work.

The main thing is to be honest and address the situation head on.

Early on I got in a simular situation and my client gave me a two year loan to make it right, if addresed head on a solution will be found.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not the end of the world but just an obstacle to overcome right now. Sit down with all subs and explain situation. Also sit down with homeowner and do the same. Everybody in construction has been in this situation at sometime or another and to variable degrees. Open communication will help solve your problem and will also put everybody involved on the same playing field. Almost all subs have been in that situation and are usually willing to work with you as long as they know you are being honest with them. The homeowner may not budge but either way he will know what is going on and that you are handling it in a professional manner. Bring all the bills that have been paid and how the money has been spent, this will also show the owner you have used the money accordingly and not irresponsibly. Good Luck

41 - 42 of 42 Posts