Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a new compressor that will run a couple of nail guns. I used to have an Emglo but as Dewalt has purchased they're line I am not sure how well the are performing in the field. Any advise would be welcomed.

Thanks.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Not sure about the DeWalt Emglos, but the older electric Emglos were good for tripping the 15 Amp circuits on the temp poles. Code enforcement would only allow two 15 amp GFCI circuits on a pole.:furious: We had better luck with oil-less models, especially in cold weather.
BTW, I just scored a pre DeWalt Emglo with a Honda 5.5 horse gas engine for 100 bucks.:clap: It wouldn't build pressure, but ran like a champ. I know it had compression because it was blowing air back through the intake. Pulled the top off of the pump and found a small piece of a valve spring stuck in the intake side of one of the cylinders.:thumbsup: YeeeeHaaaa

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
i just bought the 8 gallon wheelbarroe bosch. It is sweeeeet. it has a honda engine. Fills in like 14 seconds. The handles act as an aid to load the 175pound compressor into the truck. I think it is the best compressor out at the moment. Ive looked into them all. Check out Boschtools.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great find!

Not sure about the DeWalt Emglos, but the older electric Emglos were good for tripping the 15 Amp circuits on the temp poles. Code enforcement would only allow two 15 amp GFCI circuits on a pole.:furious: We had better luck with oil-less models, especially in cold weather.
BTW, I just scored a pre DeWalt Emglo with a Honda 5.5 horse gas engine for 100 bucks.:clap: It wouldn't build pressure, but ran like a champ. I know it had compression because it was blowing air back through the intake. Pulled the top off of the pump and found a small piece of a valve spring stuck in the intake side of one of the cylinders.:thumbsup: YeeeeHaaaa
Thanks for the input. Lucky you, great pick up. I would have jumped at the chance myself.

Handyworks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price$$

i just bought the 8 gallon wheelbarroe bosch. It is sweeeeet. it has a honda engine. Fills in like 14 seconds. The handles act as an aid to load the 175pound compressor into the truck. I think it is the best compressor out at the moment. Ive looked into them all. Check out Boschtools.com
Were you able to by it for under $1,500?

Thanks,
Handyworks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts