Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Had a couple of wheelbarrow Rol-Air's for years.

Pretty much bullet proof.

Nothing bad to say about Emglo's. Never had a big one though.

·
GC/carpenter
43,838 Posts
jhark123 said:
Well, which would you buy? I noticed that the rol air pump is physically larger than the jenny.
I've had great luck with Rol-Air, never owned a Jenny so I can't comment. The Rol-Airs can be heavy but that is because of the cast Iron cylinders.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just bought the largest, electric, compressor Rol-Air makes. It runs on 220. I love it! The entire job runs of this one compressor. It's not that loud either.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have had my jenny for about 6 or 7 years and it still works good. Ive had to replace/ repair where the plugwire goes into switchbox and air in tire . I use it for spraying texture. It will keep a steady 60 psi all day long:thumbsup:

·
Manager/Diplomat/Builder
331 Posts
Scfm ratings are very similar on them, I've used rol-airs, they are awesome. I own an old Emglo Airmate and Emglo wheelbarrow, they won't die and are rebuild able. Same goes for Rol-air, parts are readily available. To me the only benefit of one over the other is the rol-air's come with a 9gal tank, not 8 so you have a little extra air capacity. I doubt you'll go wrong either way

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
They're both great and bulletproof

I think the edge on noise and size goes to the jenny

But I have a rolair cuz no one around here carries a jenny so I didn't want to pay shipping for one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts