Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

There are so many I'm sure I'm leaving many out....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically man made engineering marvels, forget who designed it, built it or where it originated, as long as it's on American soil...

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As in the Grand canyon, Niagra falls and Yosemite are not in the poll...

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Panama Canal is pretty impressive but no longer American soil.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really? I thought the skywalk blows! even though the rest of the building is not done yet...

·
Banned
846 Posts
I picked the Statue of Liberty. The nicest thing the French ever made. With the possible exception of the Venturi Atlantique.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,230 Posts
Hmm...those poll options weren't there when I posted....were they?
That's a design glitch in the way the forum software works. When you post a poll, you type up the first post in the thread and submit it. Only then are you presented with the chance to list the options for voting.

So if it takes you a while to get them typed up and submitted, others may have already responded to your post #1.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Man Made: St. Louis arch is pretty intimidating looking down.:w00t:

Mt. Rushmore is AWE inspiring and to think that when Crazy Horse is done it will be EVEN MORE!!!!

WOW Boggles the mind!

Natural: Grand Canyon,Niagra Falls , Snake River Canyon

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Heres mine

Nice one! :laughing:

Mt. Rushmore is AWE inspiring and to think that when Crazy Horse is done it will be EVEN MORE!!!!

WOW Boggles the mind!
Screw crazy horse. Korczak and his family are great, but now that he's dead, the indians are total a-holes now.

You ever been there? It's almost like letting Iran come over here building a monument. The indians are so resentful to even having to have white people there, but they take your money. screw them. At the rate they are going now they will have that thing done in about 500 years. :rolleyes:

Mount Rushmore is an American monument for the citizens of the United States and awe inspiring. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice one! :laughing:

Screw crazy horse. Korczak and his family are great, but now that he's dead, the indians are total a-holes now.

You ever been there? It's almost like letting Iran come over here building a monument. The indians are so resentful to even having to have white people there, but they take your money. screw them. At the rate they are going now they will have that thing done in about 500 years. :rolleyes:

Mount Rushmore is an American monument for the citizens of the United States and awe inspiring. :thumbsup:
Haven't been to Rushmore in AGES. Of course the drive from back home was ALOT closer then FL. As far as crazy horse they started on it but not enough to see "much" progress.

As far as the indians. Grew up and worked with ALOT of Sioux. For the most part they're proud of their heritage willing to share beleifs and customs hold little or no resentment.

Of course when you get closer to the Rezes and controlled land yah a BIG diff.:sad:

Blackhills are cool too. I think Devil's nest is up there too.

AMAZING when you get a way from those parts how many people HAVEN'T heard of Blackhills' Gold! :blink:

Hard to explain why people want to spend money on "fake" gold if they haven't seen it!:laughing:

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
As far as the indians. Grew up and worked with ALOT of Sioux. For the most part they're proud of their heritage willing to share beleifs and customs hold little or no resentment.

Of course when you get closer to the Rezes and controlled land yah a BIG diff

Hopis and Navajo, as well. I spent a lot of years, all over AZ. And quite a bit of time on Navajo reservations. I never experienced anything negative.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts