Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Anybody have a Google page rank over 6 on your site?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a website? how is your high page rank achieved?

:detective:

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
err, the question is: how is you('re) high page rank Acheived?

please elaborate tinner666, did you get PR Power by satan? or just great keywords?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
My domain site is a PR 7.
Frank, your Domain Site came up as a 2/10 on Google Page Rank Checker and your Alberts Roofing site was a 3/10

What do you use to check Page Rank?

I use the Google Toolbar.

Ed

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
So what does a 2/10 mean exactly? How do they come up with their rankings?
Google assigns a Ranking System to the worthiness of websites.

2/10 means a Google Page Rank of 2.

10 is the absolute highest, but probably not attainable for contractor sites.

Ed

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Rank does not mean as much as conversion to a lead request and ultimately to a sold job.

But, it does mean more potential viewers.

Also, local SEO will get more of the desired viewers to increase your chance at the conversions.

Ed

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,818 Posts
I was under the impression page rank is more a measure of the quality of your back links than anything else.

The higher page rank your back linking sites are, the more relevant Google sees you for the keywords associated with the back link.

I've been as high as PR3... Now I sit at 1, and have since mid-2008. I still rank #1 or 2 for local keyword related searches.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I'm using Google toolbar.

It also comes up under this link. https://www.securepaynet.net/default.aspx?prog_id=433452

The 301 isn't working one way, works another.

As for how? Just build a good site to draw people and they come. I have all the G urchin and analytics codes, and their verifier code. Traffic 2K a month.
Okay, now both versions of the Domain sites come up as 7/10

Good job Frank!!! :thumbsup:

Ed

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It's because I'm a GD reseller. I just get to set lower prices than GD. All the hosting, servers, etc, are there. So is the 24/7 support.
Same package and product, just less cost.
Only dif is, my clients can call me personally. Not that I discriminate! I reply to all, client or not, here, e-mail, and phone. And believe me, I get many calls! ( Not complaints. Just how-to, why-for, etc.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts