Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in a bathroom on the 2nd floor. The bathroom has a jacoozi tub in it. I thought this would be for heat from a exhaust fan but the fan doesnt have heat. The switches are for a light and the fan, the dimmer is for a light over the tub. I have no clue what this timer is for. Its not for a heated floor either.

Any ideas?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,971 Posts
Limits the time of bathroom sex.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,208 Posts
Most bathroom timers I've seen are for allowing the exhaust fan to run for X amount of time, so you can leave the room with it running to dry it out thoroughly before it shuts off.

If it's old, it could be shot and bypassed.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
The only way to really find out is to trace it down.

It could be a timer for a light on the outside of the house or pretty much anything. Is it powered?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
My jacooooozi has a timer. I'm pretty sure it's std fare. Built our home 25 yrs ago, & have used it maybe 1/2 doz times!

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,971 Posts
I've wired timer switches for remote exhaust fans.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The timer doesnt run the jets.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Is the switch fried? Did you test to see if you had a hot lead coming to it? Replace with switch, see if anything comes on?

I too would guess exhaust fan at one time.

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,811 Posts
I'm with Tinstaalf. Common practice around here to put exhaust fans on timers (putting them on two bathrooms I'm currently doing) so that the moisture is exhausted from the room a while after you're out of the room.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts