Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Voltages are within nominal specs, so they're happy it's not their problem. Someone called in a complaint that the bill is too high, and they're saying something inside the house is drawing extra current.
Yep. People call the POCO all the time for silly reasons. I think Tin is right. Somebody probably thought their bill was too high. Those voltages are pretty close to what they need to be and we usually run around 125/248 or so with our power suppliers.

I don't see any issue other than the POCO making a wasted trip, unless they are having internal issues and then an electrician is needed.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with those numbers.
The line voltage being one volt off from phase to phase is NOT an issue at all, and the numbers are perfectly within spec.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
As the others stated the note is showing their end of the service is fine and within spec. Either someone complained about billing or someone is having a problem with their power service within the building like a brown out or voltage fluctuation.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woodchuck2 said:
As the others stated the note is showing their end of the service is fine and within spec. Either someone complained about billing or someone is having a problem with their power service within the building like a brown out or voltage fluctuation.
I didn't complain about billing. The house I just flipped apparently had water getting into the panel somehow. (We had no part in that, existing panel, meter and service).

Realtor, saw it on a walk-thru and I called poco and my electrician. Poco came right out and left that note.

Electrician came soon after and sealed up the meter properly- done.

·
Banned
5 Posts
It seems to a complaint related to Electrical problem and they really want to repair that by an Electrician, the problem is about internal high loading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts