Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally have been fortunate with the accounts that keep me busy, but I have been trying to pull some regular residential work and have not found any good online construction lead websites out there; some work by word-of-mouth, and craigslist, but it's tough out there. BuildZoom (when the text/email comes in you better answer it in .07 seconds), Angie's List (once in a blue moon), Fixr (nope), Manta (nope), Smith (nope). What about these:
- ServiceLive
- ConstructionWire
- Weezo.com
- HomeAdvisorPro (use to be ServiceMagic)
- etc.

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
Your own website should be the answer. And if not, be VERY CAREFUL when signing up to any service, especially for the Free Profile. Read the Terms and Conditions and learn about the Use Of Content.

In short, you will inadvertently be making your ongoing lifelong opportunities be harder for your own website as you sign up to other services.

Go to the marketing section and look at the threads that talk about how lead gen companies redirect your calls, etc.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed!
Create your own website add various important tools to your site for generating leads such as call to action, social media buttons, feedback, subscription etc.
You can easily get important leads by utilizing social media platforms, social media is a great way to connect with your target audience and get potential clients.

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Hiring someone to generate leads for your business

Has anybody tried hiring someone to generate leads specifically for their business instead of going through one of these generic/volume lead gen services?

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
The best thing we ever did for generating leads was to hire a local guy to optimize our site. We pay him $1000k month - best money we've ever spent on marketing. Here's his info - Dyer's Media. Let me know if you're interested and I'll introduce you.

Albert
I am glad you are getting the leads but something doesn't seem right for the $ you are stating. I glanced at your site and see your site has a Domain Authority of 1, and it also has a Page Authority of 1 for the Home Page. And the pictures seem to be missing the basics of Image Optimization. I'm not discounting you are getting leads somehow, but for 1K a month I would think there would be much more going on with the site. Perhaps there is something external to the site generating the leads and being associated with a highly optimized site? I was eager to see what a first time poster was promoting and then realized there must be something I am missing here. So congrats on the success but would expect something more elaborate for that type of money. I don't think it is all related to optimizing your site though.

Reactions: Lane13

·
Co-Founder - Lead Ladder
34 Posts
Agreed with everyone above, advertising yourself with a website, Google My Business, Facebook, Email, building online reputation is the way to go to build long-term success. Lead aggregators like that are just a shortcut that seem attractive in the short term but hurt you in the long term as you're never doing anything to generate free, organic leads.

·
Roofer with a vision :)
232 Posts
I know a very successful company in NJ that spends $30K / months on leads - and they are doing fine

So while your website is best marketing - getting leads elsewhere is very much feasible.

Also - because Home Advisor (with Angie's List) and the rest of the gang (THumbTack, RedBeacon etc) pretty much own 1st page of google, its VERY HARD to "build your website" so you get leads on your own - especially if you are just starting out.

For some contractors, buying leads makes more sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts