Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble out of an adjuster. He claims this house is accessible from the first story so he's not gonna pay me 2 story charges!! With adjusters you have to "clarify" why they should pay. I wandered around the OSHA site looking for something to show that 2 story charges are in fact deserved.
Any ideas on how to "pitch it" to the adjuster so he'll see it my way? I usually don't have this problem but this guy is being a pain.....

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I count...... 2 stories.

Is there some 10 ,20 or 30 page document that defines this in the bowels of Government Speak?

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
We've roofed houses like that, and it's always been a two story. Never even a question. Call that adjusters boss and ask them to send out someone with a brain.

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
When you looking at it they tell you one story, when you move in you discover second story :laughing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right, they should send out someone with brains...
Turns out I looked on zillow and found what I wanted. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
That is a 2 story....if adjuster don't believe you, tell him you will let the state insurance commissioner decide, if your state has one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The definition of 2 story is any roof slope that the eave height is above 16 ft(2 story level). The slopes that are below that will not be charged a 2 story rate.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The definition of 2 story is any roof slope that the eave height is above 16 ft(2 story level). The slopes that are below that will not be charged a 2 story rate.
Front or back? What if it's 1 story in the front with walk out basement, thus making it 2 stories on back. Would this be a 1 story or 2 or 1/2 and 1/2?

This is a serious question. I usually bid them as one story but have often thought they should pay same as 2 story.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
This really happens to you? Care to post or PM your line item estimate?

I'd be glad to note the items not present to send in with your estimate to forward in to the desk adjuster.

Not very often will the field adjuster be happy with going over their head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts