Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a home owner want to hire me to wire breaker in the main panel, and GFI subpanel for spas circuit that he ran the wiring. If the wiring is up to code, would you take the job.

Louis

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Why wouldn't you take the job? Since I see that you're an electrician, I'd offer that this sounds like just a regular service call to me. What concerns you particularly? You do know that if the spa has an underwater light or if the spa is sitting on a concrete pad, this changes the requirements quite a bit. If you havn't done a spa in a while, you should read through article 680 again tonight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mdshunk said:
Why wouldn't you take the job? Since I see that you're an electrician, I'd offer that this sounds like just a regular service call to me. What concerns you particularly? You do know that if the spa has an underwater light or if the spa is sitting on a concrete pad, this changes the requirements quite a bit. If you havn't done a spa in a while, you should read through article 680 again tonight.
MD, thank you for your reply. I ran a few spas circuits this years, but they were complete jobs from running cable to conecting wiring to the spass. I knew exactly how the wires were run, secured and terminated. My concern is liability. Since I don't know how the cable was run in the attic.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Understood. I suppose all you'd have to do is take a look for yourself if that concerns you. If an overdriven staple or a scuffed wire also concerns you, just megger it out at 1000 volts if you own a megger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts