Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you charge to build a wheelchair ramp with the following dementions? 40" wide x 156" long witha 48" x 48" landing? Looking for labor costs. Thanks.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
How can we bid the project, let alone labor costs if we know nothing about materials?

Concrete, P/T, composite?

Maybe just a piece of OSB against the existing steps....

·
Eater of sins.
4,674 Posts
Now, not trying to flame anyone here but I think the more important question in all of this is...what would YOU charge to build it? Perhaps you have almost no overhead to speak of or you have have rental on a shop to consider.
Maybe you have (or don't have) insurance to pay for in case you build a ramp that ends up killing the one it is supposed to help.

Many things for you to consider my friend...many things.

Andy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Take your average kid, tell him to build a bike ramp right where you want the ramp.

Done.

Its what i do, and it works great. I don't pay the kid though, cause im to cheap, but i do offer candy and a drive around the neighborhood.

-Bill

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
OK, I must admit, I learned something new here. I never knew that wheelchair ramps was a trade.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
What would you charge to build a wheelchair ramp with the following dementions? 40" wide x 156" long witha 48" x 48" landing? Looking for labor costs. Thanks.
First off 4'x4' landing is not ADA compliant. It needs to be at least a 5'x5''. ANd like they all said. Many different ways to price this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Xan is absolutely correct...Needs to be 5x5...Unless you're talking about Texas - that's a whole other can of worms...:no:

Based on your specs, you're looking at 6240 sq inches of ramp and another 3600 for the ADA compliant landing...

9840 sq in @ $0.02 would be about $197 in materials...Gotta figure another $150 in labour...

Round up to $350 and consider yourself done... :clap:

·
General Contractor
149 Posts
100 contractors were asked this question and the top 5 answers are on the board. When asked, "How much will user52810's wheelchair ramp cost?", survey said!

$350.00

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'd charge an arm and a leg if the owner could afford that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
First off 4'x4' landing is not ADA compliant. It needs to be at least a 5'x5''. ANd like they all said. Many different ways to price this.

XanadooLTD your right.
Also there are other codes and dimentions to consider. Example would be the area around the door. Which way the door swings Ba Ba Ba. If this is what you do for a living you need to study the ADA in your area and learn what is needed. ADA can be very tricky and seems to change alot where I live. Ask the AHJ they can guide you in the right way. :thumbsup:

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,804 Posts
At the end of the day no one here can price a project sight unseen, for someone else's business, in someone else's market. Asking for an "average" or "ball park" cost is unproductive at best.

There's nothing wrong with being new, but take some time to search the forum on the subject of pricing. You'll find a number of good threads that will point you in the right direction.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.