Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
I can see the peaked seams in between the router cuts....Those are not joints. For whatever reason:blink: Some one took to that ceiling with a router. I could be wrong....A good close up pic would be nice!

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mstrat said:
Best comment on CT in awhile! I tend to think it has something to do with where the mud stopped...random to ask, but what kind of paint is on it? It's not an Enamel, is it?

I have no clue, I was looking at a deck and roof job, and the h/o asked me as I was leaving. I told him I would ask some guys that are smarter than I

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
It's the paint chipping. I took my tape and was chipping it off
That's messed up....those aren't cuts through the board ?

Why would the paint chip in lines like that?

Maybe when they hung the house they put all the miss cuts on the garage ceiling!:laughing:

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mstrat said:
It definitely looks to be the tape joints where the mud ends at the paper...possibly (far stretch, but hey, anything is possible?) over sanding and hitting the paper, the weather cycle in the garage caused it to pop. random for sure...but it's possible!
You can see the lines in the drywall, looked like full 12' sheets to me

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
I have no clue, I was looking at a deck and roof job, and the h/o asked me as I was leaving. I told him I would ask some guys that are smarter than I
So what other forums are you posting this on?

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
It definitely looks to be the tape joints where the mud ends at the paper...possibly (far stretch, but hey, anything is possible?) over sanding and hitting the paper, the weather cycle in the garage caused it to pop. random for sure...but it's possible!
I see it now! It's pealing at the edge of the joints.. :blink:

I've seen garages go to chit before ..but that's a first for me.
Maybe the paint didn't stick to the over sanded edges. I always push a drywall prime/seal. Especially garages. WOW! btw all the joints are peaked..:laughing:

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
That's crazy.you can see the tapes letting loose and the paint peeling at the joints edge..

I BLAME THIS ON THE PAINTER!!!!!!:laughing:

Attachments

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Builderbob 72 said:
Did they try to double layer the rock and change their mind? That looks like the glue line from the failed(?)second layer?
I doubt it's got 2 layers. It doesn't have living space above it. I'll have to do some better investigating this weekend over there

·
Champion Thread Derailer
1,228 Posts
Did they try to double layer the rock and change their mind? That looks like the glue line from the failed(?)second layer?
To me, it looks like "something" had once been glued in place, and not very well at that (at least that would explain why it 's no longer there now). Some close-up pics would help, but when looking at it in person, does it look like something disturbed the integrity of the rock, or is it only on the surface?

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeff G said:
To me, it looks like "something" had once been glued in place, and not very well at that (at least that would explain why it 's no longer there now). Some close-up pics would help, but when looking at it in person, does it look like something disturbed the integrity of the rock, or is it only on the surface?
It's only the paint.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts