Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I found letters written by a very disturbed young teenage girl who was writing about the ways she wanted to harm her family. I couldn't read too much of it, as it was too hard to think someone could be that disturbed.

By the time I found those letters she was in her mid to late twenties, out on her own, and the parents she so hated were now guardians to her children. I really struggled with what to do with those letters and decided to just pretend I didn't see anything and tossed them all. Still haunting to think about.

·
Hack
3,091 Posts
Cheesy reply ahead....
Weirdest thing I ever found on a remodel was that I really enjoyed them.
If I could do nothing but renovate /remodel, I'd be a happy dude.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Souvenirs from 1915 PanAm exposition, Nude pics sent by girl to her ww2 guy, double bit axe, grow/ smoking rooms, newspapers, beer cans, but not that many, photograph negative that I had printed- guy & gal on the street, '20s- model As in backgroud. I was eventually able to find the exact spot. Hammers, tape measures, lots of marbles.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,385 Posts
Apparently smoking, especially joints, is for old farts. The rage today is vaping it. There are more oils that I can keep straight. I'm not really interested, I like to think straight.

Every day on my drive home I pass a couple of pot shops. The places are always so busy, seems like everybody's getting high constantly.

I guess it's good for pain.

·
Registered
General Construction
151 Posts
Apparently smoking, especially joints, is for old farts. The rage today is vaping it. There are more oils that I can keep straight. I'm not really interested, I like to think straight.

Every day on my drive home I pass a couple of pot shops. The places are always so busy, seems like everybody's getting high constantly.

I guess it's good for pain.
I don’t smoke it but the cbd stuff they make from it is the best thing I’ve ever used for pain relief on my shoulder lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
I worked a remodel in a not so good area in the city where there was quite a bit of 70’s paneling demo, noticed what I thought was blood smudges in a couple rooms on the underlying plaster, then I finally started pulling down the hallways paneling… jackpot. Lots of holes in the plaster with smears of blood on every square foot. All kinds of things finger painted in blood on the walls, weird sentences, threats, names written in one color blood and crossed out with another, there was even a score tally kept with two different colors of blood in each column.

Can’t say I wanted to save any pictures. Never figured out the story on that. I knew the owner I was working for had just bought the place off the open market, I did make sure she was aware before it got tore out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
. All kinds of things finger painted in blood on the walls, weird sentences, threats, names written in one color blood and crossed out with another, there was even a score tally kept with two different colors of blood in each column.

Ooh, this reminded me.

Sister cleaning up the condo because mentally unstable brother finally had to go to institution.

Lots of names written on the walls. Religious sentences, but not so much scripture. Numbers and dates and stuff. All over a few rooms.
Kinda creepy, kinda sad.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
32,968 Posts
Ooh, this reminded me.

Sister cleaning up the condo because mentally unstable brother finally had to go to institution.

Lots of names written on the walls. Religious sentences, but not so much scripture. Numbers and dates and stuff. All over a few rooms.
Kinda creepy, kinda sad.

Way off topic but the posts reminded me of this...practical joke.

Next time you stay in a hotel, motel...take a finger and get the oil from around your nose.
Write something scary on the bathroom mirror.
The next person taking a hot shower will be greeted by this message when the room steams up.
It goes away when the steam dissipates but apparently stays even if the mirror is wiped off.

Fun things to do.....

·
Punching above his weight
14,165 Posts
I found letters written by a very disturbed young teenage girl who was writing about the ways she wanted to harm her family. I couldn't read too much of it, as it was too hard to think someone could be that disturbed.

By the time I found those letters she was in her mid to late twenties, out on her own, and the parents she so hated were now guardians to her children. I really struggled with what to do with those letters and decided to just pretend I didn't see anything and tossed them all. Still haunting to think about.
That sucks, man.

·
Super Moderator
45,199 Posts
Building a park we found two skeletons. It was a historical park. Stagecoach Park in Carlsbad. Evidently the two dead people died of small pox and were Mexican. Stopped the job right in its tracks.

Mike.
___

·
Pro
194 Posts
My memory just got jogged by "pictures" above....

Tearing out built in closet shelving, there was a folded up 3x5 picture tucked behind the 1x4 nailed to the wall. A photo of the 2 homeowners (at least her 100%) that he took. A sexual picture. From his point of view. She was doing something to him, he took the picture. Draw your own conclusions. They were and are still friends of mine.

I was torn as to what to do with the photo... (my worker actually found it and you should've seen the look on his face. it was 100% this...:oops:)

I think it was probably the 2 homeowners... It was definitely her, but his head (ahem....face) wasn't in the picture.

It was purposely folded and tucked behind this board.

My thought process: What if she came across it and it was her & her old boyfriend, and she tucked it in there in a hurry, so he didn't see? I couldn't bring it to their attention and risk their marriage.

More likely, he came across it one day and it reminded him of the old days and he kept it, and stuffed it there, because he knew she'd never stand for having it in the house.

It didn't get left behind. ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
My buddy bought a house that was a foreclosure. Had to get rid of all their crap and found naked pictures of the wife in the cabinet. Thank god I wasn't born in the 70's.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts