Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day one, I drive up to an estimate. The owner told me it's a two story, but I only brought my 16' ladder. OOps. I measured by the ground (flat roof) but decided I should come back and get on the roof.

Day two, I come with my 28' footer, just the right length. I get up and am awed at the shotty job that was done... that's another story though. I measure the roof again and look around for awhile counting soil pipes satelite dishes etc...

I get back to the office and sit down to figure the math no measurements. No length or width. I measured twice amd didn't write the numbers down once. I think it's 50' x 90' but guessing isn't good enough. Time for trip three.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Man I hate that!
I have learned my lesson pretty well from my past errors, but I draw floor plans to 1/4 scale, and I have to measure ALL walls, then I would come back and realize I missed one, not a big deal, usually I can figure it out, but If i missed 2, forget about it! I hated making that call :)
Or if there are lots of angles and I didnt take the additional measurements........Lame!!!!!!!
heres the call:
Ummm excuse me for calling you again, but I realized I was moving too fast and wasn't paying too much attention, so if you can forgive me, I will make sure the installer is more professional than me :)

·
Kitchen Cabinets NJ
1,099 Posts
Day one, I drive up to an estimate. The owner told me it's a two story, but I only brought my 16' ladder. OOps. I measured by the ground (flat roof) but decided I should come back and get on the roof.

Day two, I come with my 28' footer, just the right length. I get up and am awed at the shotty job that was done... that's another story though. I measure the roof again and look around for awhile counting soil pipes satelite dishes etc...

I get back to the office and sit down to figure the math no measurements. No length or width. I measured twice amd didn't write the numbers down once. I think it's 50' x 90' but guessing isn't good enough. Time for trip three.
Keep your mind focues on the job. Good luck. Hopefully, you won't have to make a fourth trip.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
That would be cool:thumbup: Nobody will ever say what happened to these old guys.:mad: What about grumpy? Banned, quit cold turkey, die?
I often wonder.:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts