Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im seeing more and more guys carrying these twist lock style snap off utility knives. Tajima makes a few olfa, dewalt, stanley, and milwaukee make versions.

What do you all carry in your tool belt(or pocket) and why?

Im stuck using a fixed blade knife.

This one is the one I love easy quick blade change and will hold 6 or 7 spare blades.

https://www.amazon.com/TOOLPRO-Tool...rd_wg=O6EIj&psc=1&refRID=Z29P1GMHD75TFXDHSJMG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep the mini fast back in my pocket always at work or at home it never leaves. I totally forgot to mention it because its just like my phone and wallet you don't even think about it

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
In my tool bag, I have an Irwin. I've had a bunch, this one seem to work fine.

In my pocket, I have a Milwaukee fastback. Best pocket knife I've ever had.

·
General Contractor
7,898 Posts
Stanley Fatmax Xl (tool belt) and FC Utility (pocket folding knife).

·
Registered
549 Posts
Classic 99 in the tool bag.

Also have a quick open, fixed blade buried in the bag but it don't come out often.

My EDC pocket knife went from SOG to Milwaukee switchback. The switchback seems to keep getting bigger. I like them but too big now. Been using some $4 Stanley imitation of the fastback. Much slimmer but doesnt have the nice flip action Milwaukee did. I loved the SOG but it's now dull as chit. Much easier to pop in a new blade than sharpen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jeez, I would never have the patience to use an old-school utility knife. Especially the type my dad used, where you have to unscrew the two halves to replace the blade - I'd sooner thrown the whole thing out when the blade got dull. OLFA always and forever!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Classic 99 in the tool bag.

Also have a quick open, fixed blade buried in the bag but it don't come out often.

My EDC pocket knife went from SOG to Milwaukee switchback. The switchback seems to keep getting bigger. I like them but too big now. Been using some $4 Stanley imitation of the fastback. Much slimmer but doesnt have the nice flip action Milwaukee did. I loved the SOG but it's now dull as chit. Much easier to pop in a new blade than sharpen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I still buy the first generation Fastback with no blade storage on board. I don't like the feel of the bigger ones. I have several of the first gen and I love them.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have a few that rotate through my hands, all are thumb operated. I have a few Dewalt ones that I usually get in the 2 pack with blades at depot, 1 or 2 black and silver Stanley, and a couple of those heavy duty metal ones the local hardware stores always have branded

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts