Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to install an hvac system for your Aunt Gertie, what would you choose? In most parts of the country duel fuel is worthwhile.

Sometimes, I think straight electric (with a heat-pump) is the way to go since there less components that can go wrong. Sometimes, I think 90% can be problematic with the condensate drainage and all. It's all good, as there are pros and cons with everything. But out of curiosity, what would you guys do?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I almost always would recommend gas. But, lately, I am starting to wonder if electric with a h.p. is better in the long haul. I can't count the times I have gone on a service call in which the condensate line froze or their was some type of problem. Shoot, most service calls have to do with something failing on a gas furnace.

Do you think it's possible that money saved on gas gets squandered on service calls (ignitor, inducer motor, condensate drainage, h.e....etc.?) I certainly don't "know" what is right or wrong, but, thought it was food for thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.