Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok im getting the run around with this guy who's spraying my mother in laws kitchen cabinets. It's been six months he's been on the job now and he still has not finished. He said 2 weeks but my MIL has been pretty fair to this guy. Found a lot of issues after i went over there the other day. None of the doors and draws match in color and they done line up either at all. But im currently arguing with him about the screws used to attach the draws to the draw fronts.

He says that blum spec a counter sunk screw thats not to be counter sunk:blink:

I cant find this info anywhere on there site or PDF's but i have no idea how you adjust the draw front level and side to side with a counter sunk screw. Im used to using the below screw that gives me about 1/4" adjustment. Is this guy just making more excuses. Dont want to blow my top until i know blum dont spec these. It's on the tandem plus blumotion if that makes any difference.

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
That's all I have ever seen on cabinet drawer faces and I install all the cabinet hardware since day one of my company. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,898 Posts
What kind of slides do they have? Are they Blum Tandems perhaps?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,898 Posts
The drawer slides do the adjusting. They can go up and down in the front or the back. Independent suspension so to speak. The newer ones can go left and right. It's all on the locking device under the drawer (the orange handles). There is a little gray tab that you can push back that will raise the front of the drawer. And in the back there is a little device you rotate that will raise the back of the drawer.

If you have the newer locks there is a wheel inside the orange handle that you spin left or right to move the drawer left or right. You can't miss them if they are there.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leo G said:
The drawer slides do the adjusting. They can go up and down in the front or the back. Independent suspension so to speak. The newer ones can go left and right. It's all on the locking device under the drawer (the orange handles). There is a little gray tab that you can push back that will raise the front of the drawer. And in the back there is a little device you rotate that will raise the back of the drawer. If you have the newer locks there is a wheel inside the orange handle that you spin left or right to move the drawer left or right. You can't miss them if they are there.
I will check that out at some point. thanks Leo

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Dont want to blow my top until i know blum dont spec these.
Don't believe I've ever seen any hardware manufacture specify the screws to fasten drawer fronts. Typically it is the cab manufacturer, architect or fabricator... Possibly, your fiend the painter, been snorting the Xylene

:laughing: Either way Leo got y'all dialed in.

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,581 Posts
Don't believe I've ever seen any hardware manufacture specify the screws to fasten drawer fronts. Typically it is the cab manufacturer, architect or fabricator... Possibly, your fiend the painter, been snorting the Xylene

:laughing: Either way Leo got y'all dialed in.
What Wax said :thumbsup: We use truss head screws through a 5/16” hole in the drawer box. This allows for adjustment. We then use the Tandom's adjustment for the ultra-fine adjustment – like Leo said.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,898 Posts
I just use a Kreg screw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts