Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what type of anchor this is? Need to move a ledger board down by about 16 inches and want to use a similar type of anchor. This one was installed about 35 years ago.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,075 Posts
Can someone tell me what type of anchor this is? Need to move a ledger board down by about 16 inches and want to use a similar type of anchor. This one was installed about 35 years ago.
Looks like a regular run of the mill wedge anchor...

What field of construction you say you are in???

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
41,761 Posts
I think that's a sleeve anchor

Mike.
___

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
41,761 Posts
But it could very well be as Griz said. A wedge anchor.

Mike.
___

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I suspected that much. Will use double expansion anchors for the new ones though.

·
Contractor
4,677 Posts
at first I thought that sleeve anchor wasn't embedded far enough because the collapsable part was visible, but the solid part of most brick (they have holes you know) is ~1" thick, it made a bit more sense. a tube of fast setting epoxy anchor is an option here.

alot of people won't care, but you're not supposed to mount a deck off of brick. JLC ran a helpful article awhile back on this topic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts