Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flooring

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm studying for my class c roofing license and I would like to know which trades are most successful in California because Ive been told roofing is not in to much in demand in CA because it never snows and it hardly rains so maybe painting or paving or Masonry my wife told me do what I like but
Its been a very tuff few years so I need some good advice thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
IMHO the most successful and/or in demand trade is not even on your list, I venture to say either HVAC and plumbing service and repair followed by electrical service and repair.

·
Chris
260 Posts
The best piece of advice I can give you is pick something and become a professional at it, AND ONLY IT. Customers like professionals and being a jack of all trades does not come across as a professional.

I have been in the trades since the late 90's. I am a licensed residential builder... Built new houses, remodeled, decks, and many others. As a GC I learned real quick that no trade has a higher cap than another... That is solely dependant on how you run it. PAINTING CAN BE JUST AS PROFITABLE AS A GENERAL CONTRACTING.

I have settled in to pressure washing for many reasons. It has lower risk vs. reward, higher return on investment, gives me slow times in the winter for hockey season, and has immediate sense of accomplishment, etc.

Find what makes you happy and run with it.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If you are bilingual, you will be equal in communication to your employees and customers, and that is a plus(+).

You need to add marketing (not just ads and shirts) to get work for your employees and make a profit for you.

The direction of your company, based on your background, should be used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts