Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Worker bee.
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone LOVES these ones!

Renovation job from heck. Only about a million degrees inside....

Anyways,

A wall has been removed to make the room bigger and I'm attempting to patch a six inch wide strip that runs up one wall, across the ceiling, then back down the other wall.

Concrete fill the smashed gaps, two tapes side by side, float it out so it doesn't show, probably 48 inches wide(?).

Should I be charging by the hour, or is a lineal foot more appropriate? The home owner wants to budget.

Anyone out there do this on a regular basis? I was thinking that 3-4 bucks a lineal foot would be appropriate.

My basic rate is 50 cents a square foot, buck a foot for corner bead, plus materials, on new drywall.

What say you?

·
Registered
910 Posts

Anyways,

A wall has been removed to make the room bigger and I'm attempting to patch a six inch wide strip that runs up one wall, across the ceiling, then back down the other wall.

Concrete fill the smashed gaps, two tapes side by side, float it out so it doesn't show, probably 48 inches wide(?).

Should I be charging by the hour, or is a lineal foot more appropriate? The home owner wants to budget.

Anyone out there do this on a regular basis? I was thinking that 3-4 bucks a lineal foot would be appropriate.

My basic rate is 50 cents a square foot, buck a foot for corner bead, plus materials, on new drywall.

What say you?

Can't believe I'm the first to jump on this one :thumbup:

Are you serious?? Concrete fill???

·
Banned
9,058 Posts

Anyways,

What say you?

Since you've actually asked the same old question in an intelligent way...I'm curious as to why you don't think you can give a firm quote for this...you've got some experience, right? how long x rate, plus materials and markup...it's not rocket-science....

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I have no idea, but here is my formula: Figure out how long it is going to take you and takes hours x how much per hour= my bid! presto!

·
Registered
91 Posts

Anyways,

What say you?

Hey Dick, pm me and I will help you out, seeing your just up the road from me. It is unbelivably hot isn't it. But if I help you out come winter if i'm slow i'm hitting you up for work......:thumbsup:

·
Worker bee.
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brock, Confill has bits of fiberglass in it, great for filling big ugly jagged gaps, usually where the HO dicided to nail the drywall edges...
SYNKO® Concrete Fill 15.

The reason I was asking because I've never done one before, just wondering if someone out there has.....it's the usual situation where there would have been less man hours to re board and finish the whole room.

Don't even ask about the 2 inch fine thread screws the HO used and either didn't drive all the way home, or torqued them 1/2 way through the board :wallbash: He loves his ryobi impact driver.

What I should have said to him before I signed on is it's 50 cents if I drywall it, double if you do it.

~Dick~

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with Paulie 100% you guys are getting soft!:no:

I use to sit back and really enjoy this part and say to myself .OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN!! And now its like a BIG DUD Went off .

Whats happening guys you must all be working to hard or something!!!

I personally treat all my small jobs and t&m like knucklehead said,by the hour plus my guys and materials seems to work well for me learned that from a old timer who thought in most cases that was the fairest way to figure it.

I guess that works for repairs and small add ons But you framers would probably keep charging by the foot I would assume Y/N!!!!

·
Celtic's #1 Fan
2,582 Posts
he's gettin' a little bit of a pass (from me)...he signed on a year ago...and like I stated, he did ask the question quite a bit better than a lot of others...

damn, I'm gettin' soft in old age :whistling
not soft....fat....there is a difference:whistling

·
Registered
210 Posts
Charge as much as possible where you will still get the job. Not sure how many lineal feet it is but it sounds like a $500-$1200 job. Broad range yes but I don't know what your including in your bid. Texture, prime, paint? Pm me I'll try to help if I can.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts